If you could have a lesson on any horse in your discipline...

Halfstep

Visit site
Ok, I've got a stinking cold and am sitting at home watching the woman's finals and feeling sorry for myself.

So, lets do dream lessons. If you could have a lesson (or a series of lessons) on any horse with their regular rider in a given discipline, who would you choose (now or in the past)?

Mine would be:

Dressage: Balagur and Alexandra K. Because I think I could actually manage to ride him a bit and he looks like such a happy horse. I'd love to say Alf and Laura B, but I know for sure I could not sit one end of him. Or Totilas and Edward Gal.

Showjumping: Lantinus and Denis Lynch. Because he's just such a classic show jumper. It would be Shutterfly but again I know I doubt I'd even be able to get him near a jump LOL.

Eventing: I'd love an XC lesson on Land Vision with Mark Todd!
grin.gif

Oh dreams!!!
blush.gif
grin.gif

MandyMoo

Visit site
hmmm...i would LOVE to have a showjumping lesson with/on either tim stockdale and fresh direct colarto...OR...ellen whitacker and Locarno 62, just because he is so gorgeous...and i would love to jump a stallion
smile.gif
...OR...robert whitaker and lacroix...because he is an amazing jump off horse/rider combo.

to be frank though...ANY major showjumping horse i would love to have a sit on and a pop. just because i can imagine the feeling of power and they would have such amazing jump. and any professional showjumper could teach me a hell of a lot
smile.gif
xx

ann-jen

Visit site
SJ - I'd love to have a lesson on either Oki Doki or from this country it would be Robin Hood.
Dressage-wise - maybe Mistral Hojris (don't think I've spelt that right!)
Eventing-wise - Tamarillo or the chestnut WFP had at Badminton that I can't remember the name of!
I'm sure my talent is insufficient for any of these rides but I can dream.....

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Dressage - Painted Black, Jazz or Totilas (I wouldn't be able to ride one side of any of them but I can dream!!)

Show Jumping - Judgement or Baloubet du Rouet (i'd fall off lol)

Eventing - Would have to get a time capsule first as it would be Charisma!

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
Dressage: Reiner Klimke with Ahlerich

Eventing: I adored Ready Teddy (Blyth Tait) but have no idea how Blyth would teach, so might go for Charisma with Mark Todd
grin.gif

Old school
wink.gif

MandyMoo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
SJ - I'd love to have a lesson on either Oki Doki

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo...forgot about oki doki..i'll add him to my lst
smile.gif
because he is gorgeous and absolutley amazing! xx

_jetset_

Visit site
Oooo... choices choices
smile.gif

Dressage - Most definitely Jazz or Mr President (I love that horse!)

Show Jumping - Can I have a horse that has passed away? It would have to be Milton
smile.gif

Eventing - Headley Britiania
smile.gif

jumptoit

Visit site
Dressage - Don't know many horses
blush.gif

SJ - OkiDoki without a doubt

Eventing - Idalgo or Tamarillo

Although in reality I'd be too scared to go near any of them let alone have a lesson on them
blush.gif
15HH 2 is my limit! So perhaps Little Tiger would be a more practical suggestion!!!
tongue.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Eventing- Mark Todd for a lesson on Charisma.
Sj- Oki Doki
Dressage- I quite fancy an FEI pony- there was a palamino one- German I think? Stunning!

Coffee_Bean

www.horseandhound.co.uk
hhhm
eventing- Call Again Cavalier (would need a time capsule) and Mary King
SJ- Probably William Funnel and Amber du Montois
Dressage- Carl Hester and Movistar, saw him at YHL and wow never seen paces like it..... or Blue Hors Matine.

Firewell

Visit site
Showjumping - I would love a lesson on the late Milton too. He just looked so incredible, athletic and smooth. Id prob be terrified though!

Eventing - Flint Curtis because he looks so genuine and OT looks like he'd be good fun.

Dressage - Astonish, he looks a bit smaller and compact then some of the others and therefore I think I would not feel so over horsed! He also looks really beautiful and genuine too.

ELF

Visit site
I absolutely love my lessons with Ruth Edge on my own donkey, but otherwise it would have to be Ginny Elliot and Priceless or Murphy Himself - what a character! Definitely need the time capsule though!

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
Oh what a gem of a thread! Of today's horses, there are many I would be scared stiff of riding (mainly the Dutch ones! All a bit too sharp for wimpy me :D ). I would pay pretty much *anything* for a lesson on:

Lissaro with Edward Gal - I would just love to ride that canter, it must feel like galloping over clouds.

Artemis and Richard Davison - I would SO love a lesson with Richard, and Artemis looks so kind and rideable.

Ronaldo, my trainer's horse - because I have seen him work for so long, and I would just love, love, love to know how he feels. And because on a good day he can piaffe for a 10.

Satchmo, because he is one of my all-time favourite horses, and hopefully, as long as I don't ask for piaffe, he'd be fine :p I would just love to ride one half pass on him.

amage

Visit site
Oh wow what a thread. Pure SJ I would love a lesson on Penelope Leprevost's grey stallion or Luciana Diniz' chestnut horse that doesn't wear a bridle. I just love the power and elegance of both riders and their horses. Would also like a play on Judy Ann Melchior's Levisto however I would like lessons on these horses with my own trainer. I would also dearly love some equitation training with Missy Clarke. She is such a strong trainer and produces effective riders with great Eq.

PucciNPoni

Visit site
Ooooh what a question!

Since I don't Sj or XC, I could really only answer dressage. And yet I'd be toooo scared to sit on a gp horse. The closest I ever got was having sat on one of Justine Jevon's display horses (Horses in Harmony) for a classical dressage school master lesson. Because I couldn't seem to remember to keep the whip off the mare's shoulder, we spent a good half the lesson in spanish walk! DOH! So if couldn't do THAT right, lord only knows what would happen with a full powered GP horse!

Chloe..x

Visit site
I event/showjump so for Eventing:

Past: Supreme Rock
Present: Opposition Buzz

Showjumping:

Past: Milton
Present: Sultan V or Carlow Cruiser

Kinda stuck with a British theme there

vicky86

Visit site
I would 100% choose a lesson with Carl on Valegro. I just can't even begin to get my head around what his canter must feel like.
Eventing: Opposition Buzz and Nicola Wilson
Show jumping: Arko and Nick Skelton

OneInAMillion

Visit site
Dressage - Louis D'Or ... Henriette Anderson, I absolutely love this horse (second choice would be Woodlander Farouche!)

SJ- Itot Du Chateau ... Edwina Alexander, I love the pony attitude over enormous fences (second choice would be Shutterfly)

Eventing- Redesigned- Pippa Funnell, I just can't watch him enough! (second choice would be Drivetime -naughty into water but so pretty!)

Roody2

Visit site
Dressage would have to be Fuego XII (I'd need to learn spanish first!!), or somehow bring back Blue Hors Matine.

FRESHMAN

www.northcotestud.com
Would have to be
SJ~ Robin hood or Andrew Mizons lovely grey

Dressage~ Without a doubt Blue hors matine

OMG how lovely to read that. Special Diamond or Gerry as he is known at home is now retired, & looking after the youngsters we breed. He could probably have gone on for a few more years round smaller classes but he deserves better.he will spend the rest of his days with us. But, & this is a promise if you are ever near by our yard in the NW & want to have a sit on him then get in touch & we will organise it. He is still a daft old buggar though that will stick in a huge fly buck when he feels it's necessary. So at your own risk. He would love a hack out round the farm.
Thanks for the comment it has made my day

amage

Visit site
OMG how lovely to read that. Special Diamond or Gerry as he is known at home is now retired, & looking after the youngsters we breed. He could probably have gone on for a few more years round smaller classes but he deserves better.he will spend the rest of his days with us. But, & this is a promise if you are ever near by our yard in the NW & want to have a sit on him then get in touch & we will organise it. He is still a daft old buggar though that will stick in a huge fly buck when he feels it's necessary. So at your own risk. He would love a hack out round the farm.
Thanks for the comment it has made my day

I have a great mental image of Gerry lining up the youngsters in the field and saying "don't bother with that cantering business...boinging to fences is WAY more fun!!"