If you had a saddle fitted...

Bri

Visit site
...And less then 2 weeks later, after riding in it about 4 times your horse had a sore back, what would you do?

Put it down to coincidence or assume that the fitter did a not so good job?

R2R

Visit site
Depends on what condition my horse was in when saddle Was fitted, and what condition my horse was in 2 weeks later, to be honest!

DressageDiva1983

Visit site
i think i would give the benefit of the doubt and call the fitter and say you need to come back and look at this saddle ASAP, i have a problem. most genuine fitters would be back straight away and most likely make some adjustments free of charge. I know mine certainly would. Is it a new sadddle? was the fitter fully qualified? i know some women in our area do a 6 week 'saddle fitting course' designed to help you recognise when a saddle does or does not fit and then profess to be saddlers.

Hels_Bells

Visit site
I got a saddle with a changeable gullet because my horse changes shape so much. If he gains or loses condition/topline etc he can need his gullet changing fairly regularly and he even gets uncomfy between gullet sizes in which case I have to use a prolite to make up for the fact they don't do gullets in enough sizes for him!!

However, I would def get a second opinion in your case or get a back person to check the horse incase it's developed a problem?

Bri

Visit site
R2R- the fitter came out after he dropped off, and there hasn't been much improvement since then so I don't think that would make much difference.

DressageDiva - it's not a new saddle. The fitter was fully qualified, but didn't want to see me riding in it which at the time I thought was a bit odd but since it was chucking it down with rain didn't question it too much. She said the fit was fine, and it just needed the flocking adjusted at the back to stop it moving around.

Hels_Bells - mine is also fully adjustable. It's a saddle company saddle. Unfortunately this means there are very few people who fit them and she is the only person in my area who does them. Back person will be next point of call if it does not improve.

Luci07

Visit site
Call your fitter back. 2 weeks is a very short period of time so there must be something wrong with the fit at this time.