If you need to sell a horse and have two, how do you choose which one?

Ibblebibble

Visit site
turn Nitty away over winter to 'mature' (haha) and get BH back into work, if you still want to sell next spring then BH will be fit and ready to be put up for sale and you can keep him ticking over while bringing the Nit back into work.

Are you sure it's not just the winter blues come a bit early?, i decide every winter that i've had enough but all is forgotten when spring comes and the mud recedes to ankle height instead of knee deep;)

Jesstickle

Visit site
I'm not sure I can turn her away. I think she'll try and kill me again. :eek: :D I don't even have her at the moment, she's at my friends being fixed from the last time I screwed her up. Sigh.

And BH needs hacking and it's never light so I don't know how to get him going. I was so looking forward to hunting this season but now I don't even want to do that. Have definitely lost my mojo!! I can pay someone to hack him in the week I guess.

Last edited:

Littlelegs

Visit site
Would it be practical for them to either both go on full livery or get a freelance groom in for a fortnight, while you have a horse free fortnight & see if your riding mojo returns? Then decide which/when to sell?

Magicmadge

Visit site
I have let my heart rule my head over my decision i'm afraid. Two youngsters 2 and 3. The 3 year old was born here is a bit flighty, slightly cow hocked and will be smaller than expected and may scrape 14hh. The spotty filly aged 2 has been with us since weaning, is easy going should go over 14hh (very bum high again) will be more useful size and temprement wise, moves straight and can jump would dearly love to keep her but have hubby pressure to sell one. However, 3 year old is our baby i helped her in to the world so can't part, big softie!!!! Spotty baby will have to go.

dafthoss

Visit site
Any one likley to want to share BH, he would suit a mother that wants to hack with a small child wouldnt he? No small ponies at the new yard? Or would your mum enjoy having BH for a bit?

Can nitty stay with your friend for the winter?

Its a hard decision either way, they are both good at diffrent things, ultimatly do you really want to sell either as you mentioned it earlier in the year and never sold one. Next year is there the possibility of nitty having the winter off and BH being your hunting horse so you only have one to work in the winter?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
What a difficult decision to make. :(

Neither seem quite ready to sell at the moment but once BH is back to full fitness he would probably be the one that would find a lovely home more easily.

It's a big decision to make. It might be worth writing up rough adverts for both of them and then see how you feel. If it makes you really upset, then see if there are any other options that would allow you to keep both.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Are either what you really want. I have two just now, I know which one I'd sell if I had absolutely no option and I didn't have to think about it. If I get another one and it fullfills everything I want so I have two "perfect for me ones" I'd struggle to choose between them.

Jesstickle

Visit site
dh- not the way he is being at the moment the naughty beast :mad: I think he might be bored of hacking in walk six days a week. He is making quite a lot of mischief! Grr.

F- I will have to do a Nitty update for you. She is a very clever baby pony these days :)

Eenie meenie miney mo is looking good at the moment! ;)

The thought of getting rid of either of them is sad. But equally the thought of only having one horse is hugely appealing. Am going to pay someone to hack BH a couple of times in the week which will take the pressure off a bit as even if I then only do him at weekends he'll be doing not too bad for exercise. If I don't get over to friend and ride madam soon I think I might be ex communicated!!

Kokopelli

Visit site
Have you thought about finding a sharer? They're not all numptys out the riding school and I actually found someone daft enough to want to ride Andy so I'm sure you'll find a non numpty who would love to help out with nitty or bh. :)

Jesstickle

Visit site
No Miss. :( I'll go and stand in the naughty corner.

Quite right :mad: I have no idea what is happening with your clan either actually?

Koko- I think I have found someone who wants to love him and cuddle him and ride him and she can definitely ride.

And poor Andy, you make him sound like a hooligan. He's only a little bit wild!! :D

Kokopelli

Visit site
Quite right :mad: I have no idea what is happening with your clan either actually?

Koko- I think I have found someone who wants to love him and cuddle him and ride him and she can definitely ride.

And poor Andy, you make him sound like a hooligan. He's only a little bit wild!! :D

Fab, really hope it works out for you :)
He is a bit of a knob, the amount of people who were complete novices who wanted him made me want to scream, poor kids would have ended up in the next country. :p