If you ride at night what lights do you use?

Enfys

Visit site
Obviously I would rather not ride at night, but as I have evening practice and it is only a mile down the road, then I will be coming home at sundown. Very, very rural roads.

Nativelover

Visit site
I use a super strong head torch on my hat. With a LED red flashing light at the back of my hat. Flourescent jacket with LED flashing tabard. Horse has LED flashing leg wraps and tail wrap, he also has a neck harness that flashes very brightly.
There's no way we can't be seen!!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Last edited:

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
I had to ride in the dark mornings and evenings a few winters ago when I had a horse with a damaged suspensory ligament coming back into work. Lit myself up like Blackpool illuminations - flashing, reflective tabard (from Shires I think), head torch, flashing tail thingy and a white/red light on my right ankle (the one in the above post).

Equi

Visit site
Go to poundland and get loads of cycling lights. White to front, red to back. Stick them anywhere they will go. Head torch and normal reflectives on self and horse and good to go!

Pedantic

Visit site
I use a head torch with the elastic cut off and cable tie it to his bridle, it then lights up where he looking, then platt a red flashing dog collar into his tail, then a blue flashing dog collar on my outside leg, I also wear a reflective flashing tabbard.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Various head torches on my hat, not found anything particularly better than the rest.

Silicon wrap around bike light on the browband. Red light in same style on the back of my hat.

Rambo night rider ultra highviz exercise sheet also a good buy. Can't miss it.

Enfys

Visit site
Thankyou for the ideas.

A visit to the Dollar store is in order I think. I do have a hi-viz vest with a lot of reflective stuff on it too.

Bloody snowing again, and cold, right now I don't want to go, but I am on a team, so snow pants and thermals it is then.

Hanson

Visit site
Anything for bicycles. Have a look at wiggle.com.

I've got some white lights that I attached to martingale/ bridle andd red to rear. Far better (and cheaper) than anything equestrian.

Also got some great reflectives from Halfords (car/bike store) -again half the price and far better quality.

Enfys

Visit site
Thanks all.

I raided the local Canadian Tire (kind of like Halfords-ish) I now have a bunch of cycle lights that clip on, red and white LED. They fit perfectly on stirrups etc. They should do the job.

Last edited: