If you ride on the roads, please sign and share this

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Friend of mine started this, she runs the Pass Wide and Slow group on facebook and is actiively meeting mp's and challenging the government to change the current laws regarding the protection offered to horse riders on the roads. SHe needs many more signatures to get them to even consider debating it. Please take a few minutes to sign and share this petition, thanks.
Oz (Saddler)

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/217985

And consider joining the group too, see you in there:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pas...XEzhTqYz6uYPbCh6qOjUrqmzWKWQN-RS0AM0neuPr8z-I

Batgirl

Visit site
Not signed, poorly worded, poorly researched in regard to the laws that are applicable.

Any sensible debate would contend that the compensation is a civil rather than a legal matter and insurance should be in place to invoke it.

There are several laws that could be used to prosecute drivers however as in any normal incident there needs to be evidence - this is again not a legal matter.

scruffyponies

Visit site
Whilst I support the intention, I can't see why the existing law would prevent someone in possession of evidence going after the driver in the civil courts, where the burden of proof is lower, and damages can be claimed against the individual or their insurer. Do we need more laws, or just a quicker and cheaper way of enforcing the existing ones? Seems like a good use of 'no-win-no-fee' to me. With good video evidence, an insurer should cough up without going to court... and the idiot driver sees the cost of their insurance double, which sounds about right.

Itsmediane3

New User
Visit site
Not signed, poorly worded, poorly researched in regard to the laws that are applicable.

Any sensible debate would contend that the compensation is a civil rather than a legal matter and insurance should be in place to invoke it.

There are several laws that could be used to prosecute drivers however as in any normal incident there needs to be evidence - this is again not a legal matter.
You might think it is worded wrongly and using that excuse not to sign but at the end of the day someone has taken the effort to raise a petition to try and protect our horses on the roads. Have you?

Itsmediane3

New User
Visit site
I have witnessed the aftermath of a horse being killed on the road and the rider injured. The horse was doing nothing wrong, visibility was good and the riders were in hi viz but this did not stop the horse being hit from behind.
What did the driver of the car get? A years ban and £100 compensation !!
For this reason I have signed this petition and will sign any petition that try's to get more laws to protect horses on the roads

Batgirl

Visit site
You might think it is worded wrongly and using that excuse not to sign but at the end of the day someone has taken the effort to raise a petition to try and protect our horses on the roads. Have you?

No I haven't but I have signed petitions that make sense and supported every safety initiative that is sensible and a variety of other things that are none of your business.

Should this petition reach the number of signatures that is required the debate will be asinine as it does not actually pose anything useful, is ill informed and in my opinion would actually be damaging to the cause for better protections.

Itsmediane3

New User
Visit site
No I haven't but I have signed petitions that make sense and supported every safety initiative that is sensible and a variety of other things that are none of your business.

Should this petition reach the number of signatures that is required the debate will be asinine as it does not actually pose anything useful, is ill informed and in my opinion would actually be damaging to the cause for better protections.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Too open to interpretation. Any petition we can get to the big house the better. Good on your mate Oz.