If you were a horse what would your conformation be like?

islandspirit

Visit site
Amused myself in the car on the way to the yard this evening. I was pondering conformation and then thought, if I was a horse I'd have been shot for how poor my conformation would be. So if I was a horse, I'd have stupidly long legs, a weak neck and chest and I'd probably be bum high with little depth through the body. How's you conformation?

oldie48

Visit site
Well I used to be a fairly well put together TB type, long legs a bit short backed perhaps but an athletic build with good muscle tone. In my time I turned the heads of a few stallions and was thought to have pretty good paces. However, I got old and now look like a TB with cushings. You know the look, a bit pot bellied, some fatty pads in the wrong places, hair growing in the wrong places and some alarmingly long!!!!!! Eek!! I also seem to wee a lot. Sadly I've also got tendon problems so my competing days are over unless I'm on a four legged friend.

Tern

Visit site
I would also have been shot for being lame constantly...

I have a limp, my hips are rotated because one of my legs is longer than the other which means back pain.. I'd have a rather large head, My actual body would be in proportion I think.. but I would be ISH type.. And i'd be a lovely liver chestnut type. xD

Mrs G

Visit site
16.2hh, hormonal mare, good doer, about 9ins of bone (chunky legs!), no feather (aforementioned chunky legs are religiously defuzzed), sadly lacking in the mane and tail department, prone to sweet itch and colic....

Last edited:

Pennythetank

Visit site
I'd be shot..... or retired to the field which would suit me nicely. 😋 Bad back and knees, constantly injuring myself. I would be the horse that keeps on going without complaining though. Hopefully I would be a nice ID type but chances are I would be a stubborn little pony who bucks my riders off when I am done!

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Either shot or retire as a companion horse.....

I would be about a 15:2 ish tb with kissing spines (disc trouble) arthritis in my feet and other aches and pains and gets cold easily :/

Shady

Visit site
mmm, i think i would look ok at first glance, sporty , quite balanced, until you looked at my hooves which would be really, really small and rubbish, probably get thrush all the time and i would have a delicate stomach and be really embarrassing to ride , just as you received that longed for rossett, i would break wind!!

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
14hh light weight cob, seal brown, too many scars to go into a show class. Sound on a straight line, 1/10th lame on a circle, chronic low level back/soundness problems mean an easy life of light hacking and pub rides! Bit thick in the wind too, probably COPD...

Fools Motto

Visit site
I'd be about 15hh, cob x with bad feet! and eye sight issues!! Good doer, steady paces, reliable RC sort if I wasn't lame. Farriers nightmare.

Dazed'n'confused

Visit site
I too would probably look reasonable at first glance - fairly smart, well muscled hunter, not overweight & only a few honourable scars!! However, I'd definitely fail the vet!! I'd be lame on all legs, fail flexion tests, slightly dodgy teeth & I'd probably kick the vet!! Lol!! :D

Jim bob

Visit site
Hmmm....

I would be a 15.2 tb, very long legs, poor doer , good jump, would make fab sprinter, endurance, likes jumping, lack confidence with xc though, tries hard with schooling but can struggle with it. Good for vet etc :D Can try to hard and be slightly lame.

rowan666

Visit site
these days i find im bearing a startling resembalance to my cobs... short hairy legged, round bodied, fat off fresh air with a long wildly untamable mane type

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I'd be a TB x light weight WB. Good conformation, perfect weight, not particularly fast, not the best jumper either (80cm max.), however I would do well in showing or dressage, also has a lovely thick mane. Not very tall, to mature to about 16.1hh, currently standing at about 15.3hh. Can be spooky, but calm most of the time. Also can nap and be lazy, however can also be fizzy and skittish. Not a novice ride.

Last edited:

Identityincrisis

Visit site
I'd be a long legged, poor doing tb with typical hoof problems. I'd be quite well put together and well muscled as long as you can keep weight on me. But I'd have a bit of a roman nose thrown in to ugly the face up!

Olly's crew

Visit site
Veteran 11 hand section A cross, short legs with a fair amount of bone. Good chest but less well developed around the hindquarters! Hogged and prone to injury lol
Definitely a good doer and will need a greenguard

Sleipnir

Visit site
I would be a poor-doing, small (probably around 15.2hh) TBxArab cross with a short back and thin, weak limbs, but with a pretty face, if that helps. :D Also, prone to leg injuries and not much of endurance, but lots of moodiness and mareishness. I don't have a clue why would ANYONE want me around. :D

spookypony

Visit site
I would be a TB, ca. 16hh but very short-coupled with long spindly limbs. I would have a long neck, but a disproportionatey tiny and delicate head. I would have arthritic changes in one foot, related to poor shoeing. I'd be generally sound, with good natural stamina, but with an inclination towards idleness, and grazing at every opportunity.

twiggy2

Visit site
well conformation wise I would be long legged but strong and muscly, difficult to keep weight on, light weight build, good feet. could with stand a lot of work, would not cope with no work and could be left out alone. colour-strawberry roan, light body, dark legs and face.

SadKen

Visit site
Turbo cob with significant thrifty gene. Needs muzzle on to avoid tendency to gorge. Shoulders so much larger than the rest of me that I'd look like a cut and shut. Weak bum, won't work from behind. Odd crabby movement due to scoliosis but nevertheless effective in motion.

Would definitely be shot.

Asha

Visit site
I've turned out exactly like my mare Asha. Good doer, good depth of chest, croup high short legged broodmare

We both have cracking kids though, weirdly enough we both have 1 son and 1 daughter. Although mine have the same sire !

Even weirder - our daughters are chestnut, and bay sons !