If you were a horse what would your conformation be like?

Nutsaboutnags

Visit site
Great thread!! I would be very like my girl, good confirmation... Still able to turn a stallions head (an older stallion, but still.....) good bone, lovely paces, athletic but rather prone to breaking these days.... I'm a physio's life's work!!😉

Kadastorm

Visit site
If I were a horse I would be a a tall lanky thing (I measure in at 17.2 apparantly!) and I would also be shot as I have scoliosis and problems with my shoulders/collar bones and knees! Hahaha
Without conformation issues I would have plenty of stamina and good manners but prone to a temper tantrum and the odd spook.

Last edited:

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Lightweight cob, slightly sunken back, dodgy teeth. I'd be a retired brood mare who threw some surprisingly pretty foals considering how plain I am.

Shantara

Visit site
I did this a little while ago :D

em_reference_by_anniehyena-d4leltk.jpg

sasquatch

Visit site
I think I'd be a connemara or larger pony type - not quite a cob but still quite round.

Good all rounder, slightly dipped back for a young horse and quite a short neck.
clean up nice enough for shows, quite leggy. picky eater yet easy to keep weight on.
big shoulders, big rump. happy enough to be left in a field for a few weeks, doesn't need exercise every day but likes to see other horses.
Talented jumper, just needs a bit to a lot of motivation.
not suited to cross county, or anything involving speed over a long distance.

had a fracture to the right fore several years ago, fully healed and usable but can get a bit stiff after lots of intense work.

probably quite a weird colour, mid brown in winter but more of a gold in summer :D

skint1

Visit site
Overweight, maybe a TBx something drafty, long back, short, stocky legs, thick mane and tail (but de-feathered legs!) no jumping or schooling, but a plodder!

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Tall horse with long neck. Nice short cannon bones long thighs. Slightly more developed right shoulder. Not a good weight carrier as has some sacroiliac dysfunction. Poor forelimb expression due to shoulder tendonitis. Body score of 3 but very good doer so needs muzzling especially in the spring. Could do with more topline. Hates the cold so needs adequate rugging. Can get a bit jumpy in the wind. Quite spooky in general and enjoys her routine. Poor loader and nervous traveller. Loves schooling and jumping but needs confident rider as can be sharp. Good feet. Prefers own paddock as can get irritated by others.

Last edited:

MungoMadness

Visit site
I've have been shot! I'd be spectacularly unlevel, intermittent lameness in front, stiff in the pelvis, some poor owner would be despairing because I'm only 23

scotlass

Visit site
A Highland Pony .... Scottish, stocky, short legged, (a little stiff), hardy, occasionally moody .. and eats anything

Noodles_3

Visit site
I would be a short legged pony carrying a little bit too much weight! Quite active and don't get ill much so great in that respect but I'd be a very 'footy' pony and tend to go lame if not shoed correctly or ridden on uneven ground!

ManBearPig

Visit site
Hello, all! Long time lurker here but never joined as didn't think I would have anything valuable to contribute (having a break from horses for one reason or another)... But this thread was way too much fun to miss out on!
So I would be a conformational nightmare: splay-footed, back at the knee, swaybacked, parrot-mouthed and stupidly small feet.
I would probably be a small, stocky cob or native type with lots of mane and tail, good doer but not to the extent where I would need muzzling. Behaviour wise I would be a bit lazy but "spooky", would not get on with other mares and would probably be a crib-biter or fence chewer.
I would be rather stiff and need a truck-load of bute and supplements to keep sound and would be very prone to colic and random accidents... I'll take myself off to the knackers now!

pippixox

Visit site
13'3 show pony, petite, in good shape and always on the go, out at shows. occasionally needs a bit of physio as tends to over do it!

Visit site
I would be intermittently lame. Suffering from splints which would flair up occasionally, I have weak ankles so would have weak fetlocks. Delicate stomach and prone to spasmodic bouts of colic. Would need to be remedially shod as foot balance would be poor and feet not great.

Apercrumbie

Visit site
I think I'd be a large native. I'm just over average height so maybe something like a taller Welsh Cob? With terrible conformation though, typical lami horse. I'd be skinny but with large fat pads on my kidneys. In the flesh I'm quite out of proportion - skinny arms and legs but carry a lot of weight on my hips, so I think that's probably as close as I'd get.

ozpoz

Visit site
Hmm, at this age, I think a slightly weedy Welsh b with fat pads if not carefully watched!
Sweet temperament (of course!) but may have the occasional strop. :)
Oh, and unlevel/arthritic but still enjoys to work.

Lammy

Visit site
A long legged but pigeon-toed 15.3hh, thoroughbred, 5 year old just out of racing due to hip injury but after a bit of box rest all is well bar some creakiness in the winter. Mostly in proportion apart from a small head and little ears. Poor doer and would eat my poor owner out of house and home and still struggle to keep weight on. Psycho after a few days out of work...lots of lunging needed before being ridden! Would not like to jump, I can't sort my own two legs out over a hurdle let alone four! Would have to be rugged up to the ears and would point blank refuse to go out in cold weather. I'm also pretty accident prone so said poor owner would constantly be finding small cuts or slight lameness...also as my bedroom is messy I fear the stable would fare just as poorly and if I didn't like my owner then I'd kick my crap all up the walls!!

On a good note I think I'd be useful for low level dressage, popping a few cross poles and for hacking. Although I'd relive my glory days by surprising my rider with a speedy gallop across fields and attempting to race cars...maybe I'd be better off shot!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I come from bad stock. My dam really shouldn't have been bred from. Broken winded and bred broken winded offspring.

Theocat

Visit site
A reasonably decent stamp of riding horse, although nothing flashy, with intermittent and mild back, stifle and hock problems and a tendency to carry a little more weight than is strictly desirable...

Clare85

Visit site
Well proportioned middleweight cob, VERY good doer (well covered currently), apple bottom (or should that be ample?), good feet, masses of thick mane, occasional feather as currently has foal at foot (lack of time for regular clipping!), slight stifle and back issues due to foal, currently under veterinary treatment, should come right (hopefully) :)

conniegirl

Visit site
I think I'd be a 13.2hh dressage pony, possibly with some native blood.
I'm a very good doer but if you can keep the weight off I'm quite athletic. Smart and oppinionated but get me on side and I'll move mountains for you. I get bored very quickly!
I'd be prone to needing a good Physio due to an old back injury but it only flairs up if massively overexerted.
Quite a pretty head and probably a lovely chestnut with flaxen mane!

Broodle

Visit site
Overgrown pony broodmare. Kickalong type. Splay footed, well-covered. Probably shouldn't have been bred from... :D

Beddwyn

Visit site
A 15:3hh cob. Nothing too fancy, but a very good doer! Mostly in proportion, with a small head, slightly odd ears and an ample rump. Would have a tendency to carry a little more weight than desirable, but in regular work, wouldn't look too bad! Mane-wise, would either be hogged or short and scruffy. Legs aren't too bad, but watch out for random lameness caused by mystery footpain. Would also be slightly pigeon toed. In terms of colour...probably liver chestnut, going by my hair colour right now.

Would need to be in regular work. I get bored easily, so would probably be a good cross country prospect, or similar. Wouldn't mind a bit of hacking, so long as I could have a good gallop somewhere. Might also be a little spooky at times, so rider would need to be on their toes.

Last edited: