If you were a horse...

HaffiesRock

Visit site
If you were to wake up a horse or pony tomorrow, what would you be like?

I am quite short with dark hair so id say I would be a dark bay new forest pony of about 13.3hh. I would be a good doer but not massively overweight :p, a little lazy sometimes but with a lot of energy when I wanted to use it.
Quirky personality, wouldn’t like being stabled, but I’d be safe and reliable and very fun!
I would be in medium work as schooled 4 or 5 times during the week (Zumba mainly!) and hacked for miles at the weekend (actually hacking for miles) although I live out 24/7 I’d like a clean field (no poo) and a daily grooming and my hoofs polished. My favourite treat would be polo’s. I would be honest and hardworking but could be REALLY annoying when I wanted to be :D

So what would everybody else be?

staceyn

Visit site
I would be my Eddie Shetland tiny adorable fluffy and Palomino, but a little cheeky bugger. Massive warm stable at night with a million toys and likits no work my job would be to look cute and cause havoc ha basically just be Eddie

PandorasJar

Visit site
I'd be my littlun. OH loves telling me how similar we are.

Both fall over each other, both embarrass easily, she sulks with OH better than I do! When we hit tired both of us conk out, no getting sleepy stage, just awake then asleep. She'll run around showing off then realise that everyones buggered off and panics etc :D

Littlelegs

Visit site
I'm tall, thin & pale so I'd be a very poor doer tb that only looks as though it isn't starved when its got topline. And I'd be palomino. But with a long mane & tail that never looks neat. I'd definitely be like a stereotypical mare, get me onside & I'd do anything asked. But order me around or be horrid & I'd be the stroppiest thing going & down tools. And I'd always be hyped & needing full work or I'd get bored & silly.
Daughter would be her pony. Both small, dark, with long thin legs, fizzy & energetic, a mischievous, active attitude & too intelligent for her own good. And a real temper if crossed. And a liking for non stereotypical foods.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Mmm great question , I think I would be an ISH a bay not to flashy looking but i would look smart dressed up for an outing the rest of the time i would be a scruff , athletic but not super talented level headed, bossy in the field I would be brave and like hunting and jumping I would definatly be a good doer and would have to use a Tricklenet I think I might need quite a lot of joint injections to keep me going.

Last edited:

Brontie

Visit site
Ild be some form of big cob x. 6ft 2, so we'll go for 16.2. I'ld get fat off fresh air and be a kick along plod with a bit of oomph when needed!

all about Romeo

Visit site
If I were a horse I would prob be shot!! :eek::cool:

I would be a very highly strung little palomino TB or arab, I would be very high maintance!! I would jump out of the feild if the mood took me, be shy but full of attitude and i would prob remain unbroken! I would be very affectionate, loving and loyal though :) and have a million rugs on as I would always be cold!

Last edited:

Hippona

Visit site
Dark bay arab, long mane and tail and 'powerful hindquarters' (ie fat ass.):D

Generally enthusiastic, mostly in a good mood but sometimes prone to throwing a tantrum for no good reason.:rolleyes:

Very loyal for the right owner, but won't suffer fools gladly.:p

Big Ben

Visit site
Draft cross, kept for large periods on the dry lot, or turned out with a muzzle, definite need to carry whip or wear spurs to get any effort in work, but can go all day at own pace. Easy to catch, just take treats out.

The sort that always carries some sort of mud stain and has bits of bramble caught in mane. Even when groomed to the nines and plaited for a show, still looks a touch coarse and common.

Liable to be spooky when in a new environment, usually good on a hack, but will spook at loud noises, lacks the energy to bolt, more likely to buck or stick.

Good to load, travels well, all in all reliable sort to have around the place.

PandorasJar

Visit site
Draft cross, kept for large periods on the dry lot, or turned out with a muzzle, definite need to carry whip or wear spurs to get any effort in work, but can go all day at own pace. Easy to catch, just take treats out.

The sort that always carries some sort of mud stain and has bits of bramble caught in mane. Even when groomed to the nines and plaited for a show, still looks a touch coarse and common.

Liable to be spooky when in a new environment, usually good on a hack, but will spook at loud noises, lacks the energy to bolt, more likely to buck or stick.

Good to load, travels well, all in all reliable sort to have around the place.

:D:D

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
Horse wise though, I'd be a riding club all rounder. A one person horse though but can turn my hoof to most things and not be embarrassing.

Noisy though. Very vocal in fact!!! And a bit stroppy at times. I think I'd be on regulate lol!!!

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
I'd be a lazy IDX....a tad overweight...chunky and lots of dark mane and tail, that's either straight or stuck up - not particularly talented, but will do a good dressage test if schooled enough...! Needs fittening up. Once fit, probably gets a bit fiesty.

Will sulk if challenged and likes to be stabled in the cold/rain. Will need lots of rugs 'cause always cold. Plenty of joint problems and has asthma and allergies.

Probably going cheap through lack of work/use!!!!!

K x

LovesBayPonies

Visit site
I would be a 15.1 bay top show jumper who is very nervous and highly strung who refuses to go in the collecting ring, and then goes into the main arena and jumps everything like a stag, with the whites of my eyes showing. :D :D

Charlie Bucket

Visit site
I would be a 14.2hh dark bay, perhaps a Welsh D. Quite plain looking but with a kind eye.

I wouldn't be very sociable, not really part of the herd, but wouldn't like to be out alone. I would be nervous and need lots of love and attention from my owner. I would always try my hardest to please and work hard.

alainax

Visit site
15hh haflinger. Blonde flowing mane, strong and er... big boned :p with dreams of being a palamino arab....

Soft features and pretty eyes, could get away with murder ;) Big flowy paces and can shift if asked, but prefers to march around instead.

Loving and affectionate, but easily bored and requires lots of love and attention.

Doesnt like to travel unless has been groomed properly before hand :p really likes purple rugs :D

Can jump, but short chunky legs are clumsy over poles. :p

Doesnt like to live out in winter, and will be hard to catch in summer :D

Brightbay

Visit site
Idx hunter type, good doer, likes apples and carrots, despises mints. Enjoys endurance and long rides through the countryside. Not very good at jumping (anymore, did a bit as a young horse). Getting on a bit now and developing a bit of ringbone :D. Independent and opinionated, and will double barrel anybody taking liberties... Doesn't like herd politics, and generally gets on better with geldings than mares. Hates heat and flies, enjoys brisk cold winter weather, and loves galloping around in the snow.

Worth about tuppence now :D

Tnavas

Visit site
Sadly I think I would be PTS unless I belonged to a wealthy land owner.

I'm an ex eventor with back and joint problems, my teeth are falling out and I tend to be chubby. I'd like my stable in the cold and wet, dressed in comfortable warm rugs. A field shelter in the summer as I don't like the direct sunlight.

I'd need a miriad of supplements to deal with all my old aches and pains.

In return thouogh I'd neigh a greeting whenever I saw my deep pocketed owner.

skint1

Visit site
I'd be a chestnut Italian Draft x Tb cross. That's because my mother was a fine English Rose and my dad a heavy set Italian American. So I'd look a little like this
italian-draft-1.jpg

but female and maybe slightly finer boned.

fools_ gold

Visit site
I love this thread.... Never really thought about it.... But just realised I would be my Palomino Warmblood.... Only difference is I'm a girl and he's a boy...

Love people, love to be loved :) .... Like being in the warm, love treats. Crap myself at the slightest thing, but actually when it comes to big things quite brave. Gentle and kind, but will bite if riled! A total blonde bimbo!

I also have a wacky back just like my boy :(

tankgirl1

Visit site
Haha great thread!

I'd be some sort of grey scruffy native of indeterminable origin, thick set body with ridiculous fine spindly legs. Always filthy and full of brambles - bathing, rugs, hoods, lotions and potions would have no effect whatsoever

A lover of stables, rugs and buckets, generally a complete plod kick along type, although prone to spook at nothing, and every now and then have behavioural issues for no reason whatsoever.

Would refuse to jump, and would probably pull faces at being girthed up.

FoxTrotx

Visit site
A little palomino quarter horse that would probably be passed from pillar to post until someone saw through the arrogant, fiesty facade enough to ignore the bad days and treasure the good.

Serious talent and potential in most spheres but without the attitude to match. Completly neurotic and spooky, not at all brave and very prone to tantrums. Not small ones either.

Likely to buck, bolt, rear, bite and kick, in fact anything to get own way. A firm hand will NOT work but can have a tendancy to take advantage if allowed.

(Very much like my lovely big mare apart from breed and colour)