If you were being interviewed by your horse, what would you say?

Queenbee

Visit site
If you were being interviewed for the job of owner by your horse what would be your answers To these classic questions?

What is your greatest strength?

What is your greatest weakness?

What has been your biggest achievement to date?

What is your greatest regret?

Where do you see yourself in five years time?

Describe yourself in three words.

Queenbee

Visit site
As a rider, I allow a horse to develop in its own time, I guide it, I never force it, I prefer to work with the horse to achieve the best possible result, it makes for a happier horse and rider.

Many would say its that I care too much, but I prefer to see this as one of my biggest strengths. My personal opinion is that my greatest weakness is my back? I had an accident years ago and hurt my back, I have to work hard to keep my back straight and strong to ensure it doesn't affect my horse.

I've had so many, I've ridden since I was 11 and learnt so much, there have been many achievements I'm incredibly proud of along the way, the most recent that springs to mind because it was so much out of my comfort zone was taking my youngster to a county show, conquering my showing nerves, and not looking out of place.

That there were many days when I was ill and depressed and just couldn't face riding when I owned my old mare, since having to have her PTS I've regretted this terribly, if I could have those days back, I'd have ridden her everyday, because she lifted my spirits just to be hear her.

I have no idea, but wherever I am it will be with you (Ben) by my side, although I hope by then, it will be a little small holding where I can see you through my window every morning that I wake up.

Committed, passionate, loving

GlitterPup

Visit site
I like to work with a horse to create a bond rather than be forceful and scare a horse into doing what I want. I reward when I need to but I am also able to say 'No' when something isn't right or if my horse does something naughty. I'm gentle and quiet and enjoy being with horses more than people so i'm 100% committed.

I would probably say i'm a little too soft.. For example, I tend to 'mummy' horses which isn't so much a negative but it can cause problems. I need to work on being more the leader rather than the mum! :eek:

(With lots of help and advice) Turning a feral and terrified pony into a confident and cheeky little monkey! I am very proud in Missy and the fact that she now comes for walks with me, does tricks and is great in traffic!! Not bad for a first time pony owner! :biggrin3:

Being a bolshy, immature and disrespectful child. I was horrendous and looking back now, I was very rude. I upset a lot of people and thankfully, the majority of them have forgiven me now, but I lost quite a few horsey friends! :eek:

Don't laugh - I hope to be doing shows with Missy as a performing pony and doing charity work. I think that in 5 years, I will have another horse which I will hopefully be able to compete on. Either that or have Missy as a pony celebrity!! :biggrin3:

Gentle, Friendly and Honest :)

Last edited:

Queenbee

Visit site
That's lovely :) missy is a very lucky girlie, and I look forward to hearing about the performing ponies charity work in years to come :)

GlitterPup

Visit site
That's lovely :) missy is a very lucky girlie, and I look forward to hearing about the performing ponies charity work in years to come :)

Thank you very much! I hope to do some fundraising this summer as well as local shows. Just need to keep working on our tricks! :)

Queenbee

Visit site
I just thought I would update this thread, I just popped into the local nursery to see the manager as I've just done their new website. Anyway, she is very horsey, I shared my post and answers on fb, she said she was apparently sat at home this weekend, debating whether she could be bothered to push herself and go load her horse up and attend a local (ish) sj clinic to do some training with her mare, she had pretty much decided that she couldn't be bothered and then read my post, she said that the second she read it, she got up and went to get her mare ready for the clinic, she went and had a fabulous time. I thought it was really sweet, that an innocent little fun post that I popped on fb, could have such an impact on someone else. :)

Arizahn

Visit site
If you were being interviewed for the job of owner by your horse what would be your answers To these classic questions?

I can accurately measure feeds and hays by eye.

New rugs.

Finally sorting out my lower leg position.

Agreeing to having the jab that wrecked my joints.

Atop a stepladder trying to put on a rug, you giant pony! Stop growing!

Short, stubborn, capricious.

Zero00000

Visit site
Keeping hold of the lead rope when you have a hissy fit....

Forgetting what a cow bag you are when you act the innocent...

Still being alive after all your antics...

Not doing more with you when we was younger...

Still putting up with you....

Slowly going insane

teasle

Visit site
I think that my horse would have different questions
1.Do you know what I like to eat
2. Can you get it ready in time
3. How much grass is there in the field you plan tp keep me in
4.What treats are on offer

Joyous70

Visit site

I love a challenge

I can be a bit untidy

My biggest acheivement, is taking you on as a barely handled 2.5 year old and now having you at rising 4 being a very level headed young lady.

No time for regrets

Still being a pauper, but hopefully going round a BE100 with you my lovely.

Honest, hardworking and reliable

:)

tase1965

Visit site
I think that my horse would have different questions
1.Do you know what I like to eat
2. Can you get it ready in time
3. How much grass is there in the field you plan tp keep me in
4.What treats are on offer

Funny and very accurate :) Have you got a Welsh?? ;)

Archangel

Visit site
I will keep you forever, whether you like it or not

I am starting to go a bit matchy matchy

Staying on some difficult horses

Falling off some difficult horses

Still face down in the mane on occasion

I'm in charge

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site

Patience - on the ground and in the saddle.

Lack of confidence in my ability/uncompetitiveness. I keep racehorses so get my competitive fix from them, but when it comes to riding I simply do it for pleasure. I think the two are combined though, as when my horses race the pressure is on them; if I compete at any discipline myself then the pressure is on me I'm scared that I won't be good enough (my upbringing has taught that failure is not an option, so I don't even try in the first place).

Teaching my first pacer to jump by myself (I was 13) and completing a clear round at our local show. Couldn't have been more proud of the nutty mare!

Allowing my parents to sell said nutty mare. Ok, so she wasn't really suitable as a riding horse (sporadic bucking for the fun of it, pacing when excited - i.e. most of the time, therefore affecting our ability to do any form of dressage) but she was my best friend and having located her again after eight years apart I am going to do my best to get her back to live out her days with me.

In Scotland living with OH on 'the farm' that we currently have our eye on. Crosshill Stables, our breeding venture, will be in its sixth year so hopefully the earliest foals will have had success on the racetrack. I'd like us to have worked our way up to 6/7/8 broodmares and possibly even an imported stallion at that point. Also running a livery yard in order to fund our venture/property!

In terms of Star, I'd like to think we'll have found a new pursuit by then, whether it's jumping or endurance or sticking with hunting.

Crazy Standardbred lady!

Blythe Spirit

Visit site

Very consistent. I won't yell at you one day and kiss you the next. My other horses have told me I am good at explaining things.

Occasional nerves - you will have to learn to ignore me spooking at birds singing and random noises in the the dark!

have had 5 horses and all have turned out nice polite happy people

that some of these horses I had to let go for reasons beyond my control when they could no longer be ridden. I regret not having enough money to keep my friends for always.

Doing a bit of everything moderately well

Calm, precise, realistic

mystiandsunny

Visit site
A bit like the way your answers would be tailored to the company, I will tailor them to my main horse...

I will love you forever and will ensure you have a 5* home at all times.

I might acquire a friend or two for you, so you might need to share my time.

Bringing you on; learning to do so many things together.

The winter you got Lami. I'm still sure it's something I did.

Still spending time with you - I wish you could live forever...

Dedicated, caring, loving

kittyb

Visit site
Here's mine:

My ambition, patience and tendency to always see the bright side of life. I have also been told I am a very sensitive rider

My nerves can take over in scary/new situations.

What has been your biggest acheivement to date?
Finding you and regaining (some) of my confidence.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Hopefully competing with you at elementry level dressage and having lots of adventures hacking out in interesting places.

Describe yourself in three words
Little bit nuts