Ifor 511 2009 fair price?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Thanks both, they do seem to hold their price quite well from what I’ve observed but it does seem on the expensive side which was really why I asked the question. Unfortunately I seem to be dealing with a youngish girl who’s familiar with Facebook presumably helping the owner sell it so she doesn’t seem to know the answer to anything!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
There's a 2016 one on Horsemart for £50 more

Thanks just looked at that but it’s in Wales which is a bit far to go and view. I think we pay a premium on everything in the South-East. The one I was looking at is only up the road which was appealing. I’m still looking for a tow vehicle as well. It’s a bit of a change as I’ve had my Golf for 15 years from new as my former company lease and I’m nervous of being ripped off and the extra running costs.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Thanks just looked at that but it’s in Wales which is a bit far to go and view. I think we pay a premium on everything in the South-East. The one I was looking at is only up the road which was appealing. I’m still looking for a tow vehicle as well. It’s a bit of a change as I’ve had my Golf for 15 years from new as my former company lease and I’m nervous of being ripped off and the extra running costs.
If you are in the South East you may not be too far from Barnwell Trailers, they are an IFOR dealer and may have second hand stock in.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
If you are in the South East you may not be too far from Barnwell Trailers, they are an IFOR dealer and may have second hand stock in.

Thanks I’m right where my username puts me so it’s only 120 odd miles away :p I’ve looked at a few other selling sites and I do think I could get something much newer for that price or that age for about £1000 less. I’m glad I asked.

Sheep

Visit site
Trailers seem to be very expensive at the moment. We bought a (late) 2018 511 at the start of the year for not much over £4k and shipped it to Ireland, buying from England was cheaper for us. Seems like a bargain now!
Ours came from Wilcox Edgemere, we bought unseen, it was exactly as described.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site

chocolategirl

Visit site
In good condition, is £4500 a fair price?

Also anything I should look out for when viewing it?

Thanks.
That’s pricey I’d say! I recently sold my 2012 which had been stored undercover most of its life, for £3250. I knew it was cheap, but I was happy with that as it helped One of my clients out ? I was offered £2900 against a new one btw

asmp

Visit site
Do you need a 511? You can buy a brand new 506 for £5150 from Cotswolds Trailers. I bought new after realising that second hand ones were nearly the same price and it gave me peace of mind that it hadn’t been damaged in any way.

Annagain

Visit site
My trailer servicing man - whom I trust implicitly - says he would buy a late 510 (classic or standard) over an early 511 every day of the week. 510s seem to be going for about £2500 these days. They'd only be a year or two older than the one you're looking at. I'd buy one of those and save some pennies for the tow car.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
My trailer servicing man - whom I trust implicitly - says he would buy a late 510 (classic or standard) over an early 511 every day of the week. 510s seem to be going for about £2500 these days. They'd only be a year or two older than the one you're looking at. I'd buy one of those and save some pennies for the tow car.
I’ve been mainly looking at the older 510s but dithering. I’ve no direct experience of trailers or tow vehicles and the cheapest but safe and reliable option is my goal as I don’t have an awful lot to spend.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I wouldn’t let my 2006 510 classic go for less than £3k :). Not currently for sale, though. Really good trailers.

View attachment 55106
Do you need a 511? You can buy a brand new 506 for £5150 from Cotswolds Trailers. I bought new after realising that second hand ones were nearly the same price and it gave me peace of mind that it hadn’t been damaged in any way.

I’m a bit wary of not having enough room. I’ve two 16.2hh and one is pretty solid. I also have a couple of friends I’d potentially like to take with me to rides / training and they’ve both got 17hh.

Annagain

Visit site
I'd definitely go for a late (2007ish) 510 then. I'd also take someone knowledgable with you when you go to look at potential buys. Be careful with the side panels - although they're laminated so usually look ok to the casual observer, they can soften around the bottom - particularly the back ones where horses wee/poo. They're easy to replace but it's not a job you particularly want to do on a new (to you) one. Ask around for a local trailer servicing person and get them to do a pre-purchase inspection if you don't have a savvy friend.

Moogleberry

Visit site
I had the same problem they really hold their price, can’t remember the year they changed from mk1 to mk2 but it was around that time so do check, there are quite a few differences that make the mk2 much better

In the end I bought new just because the used prices were so steep

ETA sorry just read the thread would definitely agree much better a 510 over a mk1 511