IFor Williams Eventa Trailer

BethanT

Visit site
Anyone on here have an ifor Williams Eventa trailer? If so, what do you use to tow it?

We are looking to change from lorry to trailer (much to my dismay), but the compromise being that I still would like a living area. Not a fan of the Equitreks as I don't think the build quality is all that great. So OH has been looking at the Eventa and they basically look like towable lorries! Plus they are build from Aliminium so provided it gets looked after it should last years.

But this will involve buying a towing vehicle and taking my trailer test, and having never owned a towing vehicle it seems a minefield as to what to get!

So it needs to be able to tow 3.5t as this is the MAM of the biggest Eventa, but still be reasonably economical for day to day driving as it will be my commuting vehicle as well. OH won't touch Land Rover with a barge pole, and he really likes the Mitsubushi Shogun (plus 3 other liveries have one as well and say it tows really well), as well as the likes of Toyota Land Cruiser and Izuzu Pickup.

Any others that are known for being reliable?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
A LWB Shogun will tow the Eventa fine, and Shoguns are awesome!

However, are you sure your horse will like the Eventa? I had a good close look at the Eventas at Badminton, and I can't work out how they got this horse in and turned it round. The pic is from the Eventa brochure. If you do a search, you will find other folk who've had issues loading their horses in an Eventa. The tack locker takes up a lot of space.

image.jpeg

HeyMich

Visit site
We have a Ford Ranger and it's a brilliant towing vehicle.

I know the EquiTreks are a bit marmite, but if you don't get on with the Eventa, they are definitely worth another look. We have a Space Trekka and I absolutely love it - easy to tow, plenty of room for 2 big horses, handy tack room with space for all the stuff you need and to make a cuppa! The Show Trekka has bigger living with fold down beds I think.

Britestar

Visit site
Isuzu d max is great. I tow my Equitrek showtrekka L with it with no problems. Neighbour killed a Toureg towing, as even though capable, it wasn't really designed to go across fields with that kind of weight.

fabbydo

Visit site
I don't like having the lockers in front of the horse like that. There's always one sneaky whatnot who'll get their feet up on them.
For cars, look at the Rexton.

foxy

Visit site
I know someone who has one and the spaces look quite tight and the tack lockers make it even smaller. The living is great but not huge so with 2 people staying away could be quite "cosy"
You have to move the partitions aswell depending on whether you are taking 1 or 2 horses, this is to do with the weight distribution.
Go and have a look and see what you think, I would measure your horse area in your lorry and compare to the trailer