Ifor Williams trailers

Dilbydoos

Visit site
Hi everyone

Does anyone no the average price of these trailers, i no it would depend on year, condition etc... Im just looking at buying one in the next few weeks.. Also does anyone now how much servicing is etc... or anything else I need to no!

Many thanks

Dilbydoos

Visit site
My boy has been travelling in an ifor for the last 2 yrs, longest journey over 3 hrs and he travelled brilliantly, hence choosing the IFOR!!!

What would a very good condition one cost... fully serviced ready to use.. HB505

EQUISCENE

Visit site
IW are great my horse travels brilliantly :) in our recently purchased 511 from Wilcox Trailers, would think you could get a very good 505 for about £2750

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
Personally my only requirement from a trailer is that my horse is safe in it, I would not put my trust in a bateson - or the new ifor williams, in fact i would never buy a fibreglass trailer. I had a horse destroy a Rice trailer on the old Severn bridge, the trailer just fell apart around him as he kicked his way loose. The only trailer I have ever felt 100% safe with is the Ifor 510. My horses have all travelled brilliantly in them. A sturdy trailer that does not bounce at every lump in the road and is so robustly built it was in fantastic condition when I sold it 6 years later despite the horse that destroyed the Rice travelleing in it. That horse also wrote off a lorry container so he was a serial destroyer. All the fancy additions and lovely fibreglass is totally irrelevant when you have a horse that loses the plot.

china

Visit site
Personally my only requirement from a trailer is that my horse is safe in it, I would not put my trust in a bateson - or the new ifor williams, in fact i would never buy a fibreglass trailer..

i have to agree with this, there are pros and cons. I borrow a friends bateson which has a smooth ride suspension. They travel beautifally in them. it gives the horse a very nice ride. But with it being fibre glass. It does cross my mind that if anything were to happen the trailer is likely to be easily destroyed. But ifor's are very rattly and noisey when traveling, but built very well. i would prefer a 510 though as its much more spacious. 505's seem very narrow.

NeilM

Visit site
We bought a four year old HB505 for £2,200, but I have seen them anywhere between £1,800 and £2,800.

Our two travel all over the place in the 505 with no issues, so I guess they are used to the poor ride and rattling. They have never made comment on either, so I assume they must be happy.

Just make sure you get one with an alloy planked floor, as it will save you a lot of hassle. Have a good look under the mats anyway, as even the alloy floors can get a bit 'manky' if not looked after.

I can't help on the cost of servicing. It would be mainly brake shoes and greasing, so a couple of hundred quid MAX for a simple service. I guess it would all depend on the parts used.

Izzwizz

Visit site
The 510 is fabulous, I tow one and its sturdy and quiet. Horses feel safe, they dont move about and I love it.

flirtygerty

Visit site
We have an Ifor 505, very light to tow, horses travel well in it, we sold it to get a wagon, borrowed it back to take our mare to Southampton (9hr journey) mare arrived cool calm and collected, unlike us.
We missed the trailer so much we bought it back, our 17 1hh TB travels well in it, for short journeys the wagon is ideal, more the living area though, it's nice to have a comfy seat and t making facilities, for longer trips the trailer is prefered, more economical.

mini-eventer

Visit site
My horse has always been a fab traveller however I travelled him in a friend brand new ifor and he scrabbled and almost sat down around every corner.

I was a bit worried that maybe it was his age catching up with him. (Although he is not THAT old)

A couple of weeks later I travelled him in an older ifor and he travelled fantastic.

Apart from the trailer there was no other differance he travelled on the same side as before and with the same horse. I can only assume there was something about the newer model he doesnt like.