Iggle the shetland arrives - with pics!

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
Meet the newest member of our family... this is Iggle.
He's 10hh, 100% black, 7yrs old and very sweet. Passport (Shetland reg) says he's called Burghwood Munro, bred at Burghwood Stud, in Norfolk (anyone heard of them?).

My 2 yr old has given him lots of cuddles and nose kisses, but sadly had gone for his nap by the time i'd found the camera.... however, my eldest sneaked into some of the photos.

Raff was completely unfazed by him. I sectioned him off a bit of field especially for him... so he could live alongside for a few days... but, as soon as we'd unloaded him, and he was stood next to Raff, it was obvious they'd get along, so we risked putting them in together... they had a very brief sniff, then Iggle b*ggered off up the field. Every now and again then have a little mutual grooming session, then wander off again. Both are exceptionally laid back little things. Match made in heaven i think...!

Him and Raff (don't worry about lack of grass... the field is bigger than it looks, it's just the entrance that's dried out....)
DSC01478.jpg

just after dinner time, outside Raff's stable
DSC01483.jpg

Kiss time
DSC01486.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

god, i'm so proud of darling little Raff for being such a gentle little star. there wasn't even an inkling of aggression/dominance in him.

p.s.... yes, i know shetland is wearing headcollar in field... it was only for a couple of hours, and i was there the whole time. i just needed to check he was catchable! it's off now...
laugh.gif

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Oh how VERY cute!
grin.gif

I am so pleased you've found something lovely - and it looks like Raff approves too!
wink.gif

Looking forward to seeing more updates!
smile.gif

Kate x

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
ahh he is gorgeous - hope you have lots of fun with him!

(how is the house hunting coming along btw?)

[/ QUOTE ]

house hunting has eventually been sucessful... we've found a place, going through all the legal gumpf, hoping to exchange anyday... it's a PERFECT house, with not-quite-enough land, and no stables... but we can make it work. i hope.

just got to build stables and fences as soon as we move in to get the horses home with us... my hubby is insisting on doing it all himself... so it may be a few years before i look out of my window to see my darling raff grazing. eeek.

i'm feeling quite apprehensive, as i'm due to pop at end of sept (but other two kids have been early), and really want to get moved first. also, i'm leaving behind all my friends etc...
frown.gif

oh, and i'm worried i'll lose horse-motivation when i'm not on a livery yard... will hacking with a two yr old on a shetland be fun?!?!?

gulp. x