Iggy lost his stablemate/ pair bond today

eekmon

Visit site
Well today his 'wife' was pts
frown.gif
I was there with her and she went very quickly and quietly.
I posted on here a few days ago as to what to do with Iggy when she had gone. After reading your experiences I took him to see her shortly after. He walked up the yard and obviously spotted her in the field. He stopped stock still a fair way away, neck arched really looking. I encouraged him forward and he stopped again just really looking. Got him to the field entrance and he tried to go back to the yard
frown.gif
He eventually went over to her, he didnt touch her but just stood looking. After a short time started grazing, I then took him away.
I hope he will be ok, he was really quiet a feed time tonight
frown.gif

Tia

Visit site
I was thinking of you today
frown.gif
. It's so sad
frown.gif

Iggy could become a little depressed, so do expect this and try to give him extra attention over the coming weeks. I hope you are okay - never a nice job and even worse when you are left with one of the pair-bond.
frown.gif

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I hope he gets over it quickly (meant in the nicest possible way!) - letting them sniff their old friend really does give them closure.

Hope he finds a new BFF very soon x
smile.gif

amandathepanda

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear about Iggy's wife
frown.gif
All you can do is give him lots of fuss & attentiion. Has he got another friend he can chum up with to distract him?

Hugs to you & to Iggy x

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
Please keep an extra eye on him!!!
Two years ago my friends 29yr old mare was put down. Two days later her 21yr old daughter (of the mare) was rushed to the vets with colic and other complications!!!
She became totally distressed when she realised her mother had gone. Some people say that the horse doesn't realise/grief but I have seen first hand that they do!!!

eekmon

Visit site
Thanks everybody. I will keep an extra eye on him. I hope that seeing her will help him realise she is gone. He is an old boy anyway & been quite ill recently himself. Lets hope he is ok
frown.gif

eekmon

Visit site
Thanks everyone again . He was v quiet again today ( apart from when I rode him
smile.gif
) Didn't eat much hay and was 'looking' around today, He did make a fuss at feed time which he didn't do yesterday
frown.gif
Lets hope he doesnt miss her too much
frown.gif