ILPH to change name and logo

S_N

Visit site
In todays H&H. Apparently "the charity fears that the logo 'lacks impact' and looks 'passive and rather dated' and that the name does not accurately reflect the bredth of it's activities".

What do you guys think? I certainly agree with the logo being dated, but not sure about a name change........

reynold

Visit site
mmmm - rebranding is an expensive exercise unless they do the brainstorming in-house or run a 'make us a logo competition' like the opponents of the rubbish London2012 logo did. That came up with some excellent logos.

I'm sure that if they made it a competition they'd have lots of entries from their supporters and a couple of bottles of bubbly is a lot cheaper than a marketing consultant.

I agree though that the logo could be updated but the name - only word that is slightly old fashioned is 'league' - the other 3 in the name are perfectly relevant to what they do.

snurse

Visit site
Mmm - not sure I like rebranding - it seems to trivialise things. Look at Marriage Guidance Council = Relate, Canine Defence League = Dogs Trust (people didn't know what a canine was apparently), and what was the post office one? I know they changed it back. There's nothing wrong with 'league' or 'council' etc . imo. It gives a little dignity.

Tia

Visit site
Yes I've always thought that the logo is rubbish. I think the name is perfect though.
smile.gif

spaniel

Visit site
I agree that the logo could do with a tweak but ILPH is THE name synonymous with equine welfare IMO and should be left well alone!

D

Donkeymad

I don't think they should change the name, everybody knows who exactly they are. I can't for the life of me remember who the NCDL are these days.
New Logo would be OK though.