I'm definitely going to have to sell her.......

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
After the departure of my OH on Thursday I've been doing my sums and I'm definitely going to have to sell my yearling
frown.gif

Any ideas how I can weed out the numptys that I keep getting besieged with when I advertise her again? Also, where to advertise her?

Also, any idea to what I should price her at for a quick (and hopefully hassle free
wink.gif
) sale?

Quick reminder: Warmblood filly, SJ bred, decent paces, 1st premium foal, to make 16.2hh. Fully reg & DNA tested.

Pic as a foal below:

015.jpg

Cliqmo

Visit site
Oh Scotsmare what a shame
frown.gif
I would recommend H&H for advertising and stipulate no texts/emails in the contact details as this weeds out most of the numptys!! (personally I think it beggars belief that some people can't even be bothered to make a phonecall when looking for horses!!!) Good luck to you
laugh.gif

scotsmare

I had a look on H&H and prices vary from £1000 - £4500!!
blush.gif

Spoke to her breeder today and she reckoned I should be asking at least £3,000 but immediately said that I probably wouldn't get it just now as sales are slow
frown.gif

I was thinking round about the £1500 mark for a quick sale?

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Firstly (((HUGS)))) to you about you OH leaving and you having to sell that gorgeous little filly. I would put her on H and H too, very good. Horse deals is good, that's were I got Dougal from and Horse Quest is good as well as the old Horse mart, though I think there are quite a few time wasters that use that site, but then again there are time wasters everywhere. Put her up for quite a bit (as she looks like she is v quality) and hopefully you will seed them out.

china

Visit site
i think you will sale her quickly as she is lovely, i would deffinatly have her if i had the spare cash,

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I had a look on H&H and prices vary from £1000 - £4500!!
blush.gif

Spoke to her breeder today and she reckoned I should be asking at least £3,000 but immediately said that I probably wouldn't get it just now as sales are slow
frown.gif

I was thinking round about the £1500 mark for a quick sale?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you need a quick sale, or can you risk putting her up for £3500 and maybe have to wait a bit? Depends a lot on whether you need a lump of cash now, or just can't do the livery.

So many hugs hunny. She is so lovely.

Poo.

scotsmare

I need to sell her by the end of June at the latest as that is the point that my 4yr old comes off breaking livery and since I'm going to have to go back to work full time I'm not going to have time to do horses in two different places
frown.gif

Vizslak

Visit site
do u have a more recent pic of her for us to muse over? i think it sounds as though you may be selling her a little short at 1500 but i suppose if it must be a quick sale and you cant hang on that might not be too far out.
really sorry you have to sell after all and hope you have more luck this time round.

Cliqmo

Visit site
The problem with only asking £1500 is that people might think she is "suspiciously cheap" and so you only manage to catch the interest of the numpties
blush.gif

tasel

Visit site
Oh no!!!

Maybe you should try other breeders - since she was a premium foal, breeders may be interested... and they may have the land to keep a yearling without any added costs.

But if you want her to have a sports career... probably producers who don't mind taking a yearling on (that you can't ride for another few years).

What's her pedigree? 'Cos that can make all the difference... Seen WB foals go for £2,000 but with the right pedigree they can go to £5,000 to unlimited.

scotsmare

She's by a young SJ stallion (whose sire is jumping internationally) and out of a Concorde mare so her breeding is good.

I'm going to try H&H next week I think as well as Horsequest, then Horsemart after that......

What do we think to asking £2k or nearest offer?

Vizslak

Visit site
if she was mine i would put her 2500 ono that still makes her cheap but only serious potential homes will look at her. if not good response in a week drop the price a bit more, you have a month yet to sell dont start panicing and letting her go too cheaply.

lilylotus

Visit site
Fingers crossed for you and agree with slinks. If you put the pedigree in the people who know it will appreciate the price. So sorry to hear that you have to sell her though. If I had the cash I'd have her but can't afford it at the mo!

Good Luck and don't let the numpties get her.

xx

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com
oh honey ((((hugs)))) just when you'd decided to keep her as well.
frown.gif

fwiw I was in this situation last september with Raggs. I put her on horsemart for £2250 in the end and got just under £2k for her - and that was coming into winter.

Good luck. Xxxx

nuffield

Visit site
No! not "£1,500 defo £3,000 +. Honestly, even in this market. That in itself should help sort out the numpties.

annret

Visit site
What about contacting some scottish studs & training yards who deal in youngstock (e.g. balcormo/raymond gatherum? sorry I'm in Fife so not sure who's relevant to you). If she's a state premium foal, she should be a valuable broodmare in future regardless of her competition success & that alone will guarantee a price.

Kenzo

Visit site
2.5k I very reasonable, she's a nice filly.

Sorry to hear you are having to sell her due to your circumstances, I hope you find a lovely home and stay in contact with her progress.

smile.gif

NewyddP

Visit site
Aww she is beautiful...I would love a foal!! Unfortunatley I cant just now as i have a poorly oldie that needs all my attention (hence the reason my next one will be a yearling/2yo as its so heartbreaking with the older ones and cant bear to go through that for a long time)

You are close to me also so maybe i'll try and persuade OH before June!
smile.gif