I'm engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Aww, congratulations. Great news, and Stig will be home to celebrate with you too! Very happy for you.ccyou deserve some good news, you've had a tough few months, and your love for Dan shines out of your posts about him. Wishing you a wonderful future.xx

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I'm just here to add smilies ;)

c100.gif

g053.gif

ooh a cake one!
g054.gif

a040.gif

c015.gif

n025.gif

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
AAhhh!! WOW! So romantic...

now the fun of planning a wedding begins, my sister just got engaged and the eternal wedding plans are just "brilliant" (read exasperated sister desperately trying to avoid a pink dress and sing a cringeworthy love song with our younger sister in front of everybody)

but seriously enjoy and all the best

3OldPonies

Visit site
Wow, brilliant.

So, so pleased for you.

After all you've been through and with all the help you've offered to others, me included, you totally deserve a huge amount of happiness :)

AnotherNewbie

Visit site
Congrats! Having read all about Stig i'm not sure which you will be most excited about, your engagement or his return!

On a seperate note...used to love The Royal Exchange, and The Watersmeet down the road did amazing food when i was at Hartpury!

twiggy2

Visit site
I missed this as I was following the thread about stig, a huge congratulations to you and Dan, you sound like an amazing couple who have come through many tough times but have been made strong by what life has thrown at you.

so do we all need to buy hats?

Greylegs

Visit site
Just to add my BIG <<<HUGS>>> and congratulations to the rest. Love a happy story and they don't get a lot happier than this. Looking forward to the BIG day ...

Alec Swan

Visit site
There will be nobody happier for you than me.

You've been through a great deal and, through all those difficult and sometimes dreadful days, you always find time, and with your very well worded thoughts, you have never failed to provide for others, help, support, the most practical advice, kindness and love too!

Along with everyone I wish you every happiness, and I'll assure you that your happiness is certain.

Alec. xx

_GG_

Visit site
Love the smilies Ester...cheers me deers ;)

Too many posts to quote you all but...wedding planning will be easy peasy. We've had almost 7 years to think about it and we both know what we want. Early evening ceremony, then straight to food/party with family and friends. No frills, no fuss...I wanted that years ago, but not any more...we just want to have a laugh, eat lots and dance lots and there will be no pink bridesmaid dresses.

The Hartpury thing was just lovely. I have always said that I just loved the place when I was there...they really were some of the best years of my life and I got all emotional when I took Dan to look around it a couple of months ago. He said he'd never seen me so happy when talking about the past. He said it just felt right, I turn 36, 20 years since I started there and in a fashion totally befitting everything we are about, he did it in a very private, special, quiet and "ordinary" place. I didn't think he was being serious to start with.
We have always called ourselves "The Strays" as it's Stretch/Bray so he said lots of lovely things, then "so, shall we make the Stray name official then?" and I giggled and thought he was just being his usual self, then he had to pretty much grab my head to make me look down, I saw a little white box with a ring in it and burst into tears when he said, "will you marry me"...he was crying too at this point, lol. The rest is just a blur, lots of happy tears, kisses, cuddles and then MUCH merriment as we romantically went to Tesco to get some Proseco (we both hate champagne) and home for a little toast to ourselves and watch an episode of Orange is the New Black, lol.

Our families are thrilled to bits and I told my sister last night, so as arranged, she called me at 7 as she went into my nieces room to wake them up and she put me on speakerphone. I said, "Morning girls....just wanted to call and say that Stig is feeling better"...they were thrilled...then I said, "Oh....and before I go...are you ready to be mine and Dan's bridesmaids?"....

I think they are still screaming OMGeeee's lol :) xxx

_GG_

Visit site
There will be nobody happier for you than me.

You've been through a great deal and, through all those difficult and sometimes dreadful days, you always find time, and with your very well worded thoughts, you have never failed to provide for others, help, support, the most practical advice, kindness and love too!

Along with everyone I wish you every happiness, and I'll assure you that your happiness is certain.

Alec. xx

Your inbox is full....but thank you Alec....means a lot and the same goes for all of you xxx

sandi_84

Visit site
Naaaaw! :D Just read your post about the proposal, how sweet and wonderful and lovely! :D So so pleased for you, really couldn't have happened to a nicer person, congratulations to you both again! :D

MuddyTB

Visit site
I don't write a huge amount on here, but of all the people who I see reply, you are one who really stands out for your kindness and sensible advice. From what little I know I can't think that anyone could deserve this more. Good luck with everything and so pleased Stig is on the mend too.

View

Visit site
Congratulations to you both.

I have seen so many posts from you where you have given warm, comforting, practical advice to others, while going through such hard times yourself. Finally, you get a surprise that is being good to you!!!

And great news that Stig is coming home too.

sula

Visit site
I don't write a huge amount on here, but of all the people who I see reply, you are one who really stands out for your kindness and sensible advice. From what little I know I can't think that anyone could deserve this more. Good luck with everything and so pleased Stig is on the mend too.

This - absolutely! :)