I'm getting my puppy this week....

Vicki1986

Visit site
my friends chinese crested had her litter 12 weeks ago and i am having one of her two pups! bringin him home this week!

i spent saturday afternoon with him for some bonding and i love him already he is such a cutey!
His name is Rocky and he's still tiny at the moment!

yes he does look a bit like a gremlin but he is gorgeous to me!!
smile.gif

choosing the bed her wanted in pets at home!
Image046.jpg

visiting a friends yard
Image045.jpg

Image044.jpg

tired out!
Image013.jpg

what mum looks like
CIMG2514.jpg

what my beloved pony thinks of the new addition to our family!! she blew on him and he looked shocked!!
Image041.jpg

i'm SOOO excited i can't wait to get him home!!

Lill

Visit site
Sorry.... but what is that?! Is that its fur shaved off or does it just have no fur?

Never seen a dog like that before do excuse me!

Skhosu

Visit site
what an odd dog,but cute in its own way. The pup with mum, is it hers or is she just telling it off for being naughty?
laugh.gif

Vicki1986

Visit site
TripleSH that is his brother - who is a powder puff so has hair! funny how two brothers can look sooo different!! Definately cute in his own very unique way!!

don't worry Lis many people havent!! and i have had some pretty funny looks and a few not so nice comments!!
He is a Chinese Crested, hairless variety so only gets hair on his head tail and feet, his body is very smooth warm skin.
this is him nakey.... and in the other pic you can see some skin although he's not often naked he doesnt like it!!
CIMG3105.jpg

CIMG3082.jpg

kibob

Visit site

So, am I reading this correctly, they are both from the same litter - one hairless and one hairy??

Good luck with him, agree with severnmiles - you should now change your name to ParisH
grin.gif
He is rather cute in a strange sort of way
smile.gif
(no offence).

prose

Visit site
There are actually loads of this breed in NYC (the tiny dog is king here
grin.gif
) and I think they are a lot of fun. Definitely spunky and seem smart with it, too. Owning a "weird-looking" dog myself, I am used to all those love/hate comments.

Remember--high SPF on sunny days
wink.gif

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
You can get hairies and non-hairies from the same litter, also a kind of semi-hairy (stop laughing!
laugh.gif
) which when you check the animals teeth, if they are forward facing, denotes it is really a hairless with hair (Whew!)

So, if you have a hairy hairless with forward facing teeth you can shave it for the show ring!!!!
shocked.gif

No, I haven't got one, but our dog groomer at work breeds and shows them to quite a high level, they are lovely dogs to be around, I'm sure you will have a lovely time together!

Vicki1986

Visit site
thanks lucy!! he is so laid back and such a lovely boy cant wait to get him tomorrow!!

kibob thats right 2 hairless's were paired up and mum had 2 pups one hairless and one powder puff[hairy] - its like a lucky dip your not sure what you are going to get!!!

GinaB

Visit site
Is it normal for them to have such small litters? (Sorry I don't know much about the breed either) Although there was one on It's Me or the Dog and it was the most hideous little thing (all to do with how it was brought up)

The dog who won the Ugliest Dog of the Year a few years back was a chinese crested. A very old one mind you! I think he died last year.