I'm having him!

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
I posted last week about being offered a free horse. Well after a lot of consideration I've decided I can have him! I've discussed it with my yard manager and she's given me a good livery deal for him, his old owner is giving me all his tack and rugs so I don't have to buy anything, all I have to do is look after him and love him and I can't wait! He is officially mine from next thursday
laugh.gif

So here's some more info: He is a 15.1hh bay anglo-arab. He is beautiful and very friendly, he loves to lick people and attention of any kind. He is 19 years old so he is getting on in years but he still has plenty on life in him, he is a fairly sharp ride who likes to go fast and gets excited easily! He loves xc and is pretty good at dressage, he has an amazing extended trot and is well schooled. I am very excited about getting him! I will hopefully compete him in some dressage comps and maybe do some hunter trials. Sadly he's not too keen on showjumping! He has been in a riding school for years which is now closing down, hence why he's being given away. He has a few special management issues in that he's allergic to sugar, is prone to tying up, has a tendancy to injure himself etc; but I don't mind this. I've known him a long time so think I'll be able to look after his needs pretty well. I hope to give him a really nice home where he can have lots of fun but obviously being careful with him due to his age and tying up etc. His name is Roscoe and hopefully he and my boy Luca will become great friends!

Here are some photos of him:
roscoe.jpg

His conformation isn't brilliant I know!
Roscoeconf.jpg

JAK

Visit site
I hope you have years & years of happy times ahead of you!
What a sweet face he has & as for his conformation, blimey, I've seen MUCH worse than that!
He looks a nice sort & he sounds a lot of fun!
Don't forget to keep us posted & keep those piccies coming!

Mollymillymoo

Visit site
wow he looks really nice! His conformation is not noticably bad, and he's got a very pretty face
smile.gif
I'd be excited if I was getting him next thursday too lol
smile.gif
keep us informed on how you do with him!

Quival

Visit site
wow you lucky girl. I lost my Anglo arab at Christmas. He was 28 and had a nasty accident in the field. I had him for 18 years. He suffered from azoturia when I got him. Learnt a few things during the time I had him and he never suffered with it for many years. I dressaged, showed( Veteran horse Society) and pleasure rides right up to him dying. I loved the bones of him. My new horse is 13 and he is a Dutch horse. Getting to know him after 6 months. But, there will never be another Eric! Good luck and enjoy. They are brilliant. Contact me if you want any tips re the tying up.

trundle

Visit site
He's got a lovely. lovely face, and his conformation isn't glaringly bad. He looks a very genuine sort. I hope he gets on well with Luca, and that you and he have loads of fun together.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Good luck and I hope you have years of fun with him. He looks a really nice chap.

With my two TBs, Miss Delia I took on loan on at 16 and had years of fun with her until she semi retired at 23 to a fantastic home, ditto Breeze who I rescued at 22 and was still hunting at 29.

I have had such fun with golden oldies over the years, I never had a youngster until 7 years ago.