I'm really sorry but i am too excited not to share...

PingPongPony

Visit site
I am really sorry for this totally pointless post but I am so excited that i have to share this with everyone that i possibly can :)
I am going to the USA for 13 weeks this summer!!! :D
I will be working on horse farms/ranches, with the horses and will be provided with food and accomodation in exchange for the work.
So first i'll be going to a ranch near Buffalo, NY and staying there for 4 weeks. They have a dude ranch and do mainly trail rides, but they also do cattle round ups etc, all on the horses. I will be helping with all of that, and after the initial few days of getting to know the trails, i will be taking the visitors out on trail rides. I have been told to get ready for 5-6 hours a day spent in the saddle :D The ranch is only 1 hour away from Niagara falls, so i shall be going to see that on my day off which will be Sunday :)
The second farm i'm going to is in Charlotte, South Carolina i'll be staying there 5 weeks. They mainly have dressage horses and a few show jumpers. My job will be to exercise the horses. The lovely lady has also said that i can compete in sj or dressage or both, if i want to. They have 2 horses trained to grand prix level! Very exciting :D
Then after all that ''work'' ;) i will be going for a short 4 days holiday to Colorado Springs. Here i will be purely a tourist, and i will be going on an organised tour to the Grand Canyon and around Colorado Springs.
And finally, i will be flying to a small island near Seattle, where they breed Akhal Tekes. I will be staying here only 2 weeks unfortunately but this is a dream come true anyway as i have always wanted to see one of these horses in real life, but i will now also get the chance to ride them, and if i'm good enough, compete!
Word cannot describe how extremely excited i am!!!!
Now i just have to get through my A2 exams and off i go to America!! :D :D :D :D :D
Again, very sorry for the totally pointless post!

FubsyMog

Visit site
Make sure you take loads of photos! Good luck with the A2s (can't believe it's almost 10 years since I did mine...argh!)

PingPongPony

Visit site
I'm thinking of doing a blog about my trip so i can link that when i get back and my new phone was bought purely for its amazing camera so there are going to be plenty of photos :D i'm sure i'll have to work hard too, but the work won't be anywhere near as hard as working somewhere you don't want to be :)

EffyCorsten

Visit site
Words can't describe how Jealous I am!

Enjoy I'm sure you have earned it I can't wait all those photos after the summer!

I think you should have a blog or keep a diary and upload it all when your back! :D

Equinus

Visit site
I knew someone who did something similar before taking up a career in law and had an incredible time. Even if one doesn't live up to expectations you at least know you will only be there a limited time. Enjoy it and don't forget the photos.

cambrica

Visit site
Wow I'm excited for you! What a fabulous summer you will have. My cousin goes out to Boston every summer to work at an equine summer camp. They also do a lot of driving competitions (scurry ) and she loves it.
Have a great time x

_GG_

Visit site
I'm so excited for you!!! I lived in Colorado Springs when I was little. Be sure to go up Pikes Peak when you are there, it is a must when you are visiting. It so big it creates its own weather, lol. On the hot days of summer, it will all go dark sometime between 5 and 6, there will be a huge storm, then everything will be bone dry again by 7 with the sub shining it's way down. It's an amazing place.

You'll love working on the ranches. If you buy yourself some proper cowboy boots, remember this saying, "if the toe fits and the heel slips, you've found yourself a boot that fits". I'll never forget that saying. My sister ignored it and she can't wear hers for more than 30 minutes. I took it on board and I wore my boots almost every day for over 6 years before they went missing :(

You will have the time of your life. I am so jealous I cannot even tell you.

Loads of photo's and get yourself properly stuck in. Embrace everything and you'll never forget it :)

PingPongPony

Visit site
I was going to ask the same question

That's wonderful, I always wanted to do this! Out of interest which website did you use to book/arrange it?

I used a few, it did take some planning and organising on my part too :) i used : workaway.info and helpx.net to find the ranches, although the akhal teke breeding farm isn't on either website, i just asked them on facebook as i have been following them for last 4 years, and by some miracle they said yes :D and i used roundtheworldexperts.co.uk to book my flights and arrange my tour in colorado springs :)

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
Wow, that sounds absolutely amazing and I'm super jealous- I'd love to go to America! Although I've been to Canada, and the Falls are brilliant :D Are you still thinking about doing Vet Med? (It was you who wanted to be a vet?)

PingPongPony

Visit site
that was me yes, and no i'm going to do bioscience/animal science instead. after all my work experience etc, i have decided that a degree in animal science will give me more opportunities than a vocational degree like vet med :)

Just a question, does anyone know if a B2 - holiday, tourism etc. visa to the USA, will be the right one??? I think its the right one but i'm not 100% sure!