im so upset - cant believe some people

_daisy_

Visit site
dont know where to start.
frown.gif

Well I have a pony on holiday for the firework season Oct to Nov
grin.gif
- he has his own little paddock sectioned off from my girls with electric fencing.

Last Mon/Tues I found him in with my girls and the fencing trashed
confused.gif
(not the tape though). Now the battery was fully charged so I know it wasnt him thats gone through it. Well I could only find 12 not broken long fence stakes, and 5 smashed ones, however there was nearly 40 fencing his paddock off
confused.gif
. So someone has obviously taken them
mad.gif
. We also found him with a plaited and notted mane - someone has obviously been messing with him.
mad.gif

Went to the agricultural merchant to replace them yesterday at a cost of £120!!!

Well said pony went home yesterday but I didnt have time to take his fencing down. I started it about 3 today and when id finished I went to get the battery, unit, earthing rod etc but its gone. some thieving b******* has taken the lot - and more fencing!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

I cant believe it. Apart from this summer ive never has any problems with the field. Walkers seem to think that they can walk through the field even though there is no public footpath running through it (only round the edge). It all started when I took Ebi out of the field for her to foal, and when Chantin had to be taken out as the flies were eating her alive. Maybe Chantin should go back in and start to rule the field again!
blush.gif

God knows how much its going to cost me to replace all that but im expecting at least a few hundred pounds - and just what i need at Chrsitmas time.
frown.gif

Sorry to rant just so upset about it all. Got to think of some more signs to put on the gateway now. Any ideas???

JadeWisc

Visit site
Have you called the police? It may be a good idea to have it on record if it happens again or someone doing to a nearby person gets caught. They maybe your culprit and could be questioned about it. I am so sorry to hear what has happened. At least none of the horses were hurt or injured. I suppose that is the only blessing of the bad situation.

Jemayni

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
'dangerous horse inside, if he approaches run very very fast'
??

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSl - But God how horrendous for you, I have my phone number on a sign attatched to the gate, which says if anything looks unusual to ring me - might work.....

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How far is it from your house, is there any way you could hook it up to the mains? May give them a bit of a shock...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes!
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
I'd be worried about the kids grabbing ahold of it. Other than that, quite a funny thought
smirk.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
unfortunately its about 10 min drive from my house. See i have 2 horses on DIY livery then 3 live out on a field I rent. Ive mentioned it to my YO who lives just down the road from the field. On a night they can see up the road to the field if there are any cars there. Shes said she will send her OH to investigate if they see any cars. very nice of them.

Ive called the farmer as well to keep him posted and he just cant believe the happenings going on.

Irishcobs

Visit site
OMG how can people do it. The pony could of been in there for a reason, he could of gotten hurt! Some people are really stupid, and how on earth do you walk away with nearly 40 electric posts!! Does anyone live near by that could of seen a car in the gate way or people in the field?

As for signs how about 'CCTV cameras in use' and Trespassers will be prosecuted' or trespassers will be shot'!!

_daisy_

Visit site
Yes rang them straight away to report it. She said she will let the local stations know so they can patrol the area (which they already do ) but at least they will be able to keep an eye out at the field and maybe challenge any cars parked up outside the gate.
Ive told my YO who lives just down the road and shes going to tell her neighbours in the morning. Im also going to tell a bloke who comes shooting in my field - hes bloody scary at 6am with all his camaflage gear on emerging from the trees - maybe he can scare them off for me!!

So glad that the electric fencing isnt the main fencing or my girlies wouldve been out on the road. Im trying not to think of what coudl happen especially as Ebi and her foal are in that field!! Shes only 5months old - couldnt bare to loose her let alone any of the others.

_daisy_

Visit site
ive already got my number on the gate as some imbosile was taking my laminitic ponys muzzle off in the field throughout the summer.
Was thinking of putting signs up saying that the field was under police monitoring??

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
"DO NOT ENTER. Tresspasers will be fed to the dog."

Works for me :3 And you said he was plaited? Odd... It must be an adult taking the posts, and it seems unlikely that they'd spend time messing with his mane...

_daisy_

Visit site
well thats what i thought - the only thing is people dont know that i own the horses so anybody removing fencing could be the owners???

love the trespassers will be shot sign - mmmmm will have to think about that.

YO lives just down the road and at night she can see any car lights at my field so shes said she will send her OH to investigate and let me know. Luckily for me he has a gun license!!! not that he would use for anything untoward.

_daisy_

Visit site
well i was thinking adult for the fencing but child for messing with the pony. Cant really picture some adult trying to plait his mane but you never know.

We do have the sunshine club buses parking outside the field but ive never had a problem with them so cant blame them for messing around with the horses. Maybe its some druggy or someone wanting a bit of extra cash before christmas

Mid

Theives are a waste of space! Why would someone steal fencing? It's so stupid!

Maybe teenagers? We had our halloween pumkins nicked only 30 mins after we put them out! They were both huge too! Four foot from floor to stalk... Could be anyone. That's why we wouldn't buy a field that backs onto the road... Heh, we couldn't afford to buy any field, to be honest xD Not the point...

You could plant something spiky? Gorse is best, but they don't like it when you 'steal' it off the moors xD Maybe hawthorn?

_daisy_

Visit site
the thing is i would love to buy the field off the farmer if he lets me. its got perfect access so i dont have to trapse through the farm itself and upset the residents. Thinking twice about it now.

Mid

Yeah... When I was a kid, though, I'd have been afraid to go in a field with a strange pony... Unless I thought there was something wrong, I suppose...

I'd say a sign... Is the pony really friendly?

_daisy_

Visit site
well was thinking of asking farmer for a bull!! that might put them off LOL

I would never dare to enter a field with horses in even now - you can never trust them and its just not right. Would obviously help a horse if it was in danger

_daisy_

Visit site
yes we would - was thinking of something liek a prison with rolls upon rolls of barbed wire fencing with it all electrfied as well. Maybe thats unkind but its how i fell tonight - would just love to see someone try to get over that - or steal it!!!

_daisy_

Visit site
yes but that would make me having to look after 4 horses 1 foal and a cow. its bad enough looking dater the horses let alone another animal - good idea though - farmer might lend me one im sure he has some knocking about someone on the farm - will have to investigate that one!

beh

Visit site
Can you not claim this off your insurance or something???????????????
confused.gif
otherwisei'm all up for
'dangerous horse inside, if he approaches run very very fast'
pmsl
laugh.gif

JadeWisc

Visit site
I like the "trespassers will be shot" and "CCTV montiored" ideas. Actually putting a real camera in could prove very expensive, but I know of an old apartment building that I once lived in putting up fake ones. they looked very realistic and served their purpose.Maybe you could fashion up a fake one?

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
You wuld be suprised how much electric fencing and chargers get stolen and how much is recovered. However, it is nearly always impossible to identify the owner. So always post code your electric fence energiser both outside and inside with permanent paint. There has been a dramatic increase nationwide on the number of horses stolen s o I would also suggest that you have your horses freezemarked on their shoulder and ensure that the hinges on your access gates are reversed so that if you chain and padlock them it can not be lifted off the hinges.