I'm soooooo proud of myself

pocket

Visit site
Having survived a near fatal car accident last July, I have been on a long physical and emotional journey, watching the courageous journey my friend who was with me at the time has been through as well, she sustained life threatening injuries that she has now overcome and hopefully will be returning to work and riding next month.

Me, three operations later and back at work last month and hope to be back in the saddle in October if my lovely Orthopaedic consultant will let me..........

Well, back to today, my trailer has been sat doing nothing for way over a year now, so, a lovely man came and serviced it for me. I have not been keen on the idea of towing since the accident and was going to have some confidence lessons to get me back into it. I consent to getting into a car, so I make an informed decision to travel, Ralphy does not, so I was getting in a bit of a flap about getting back out there.

Trailer needed to be parked up again and I explained to Colin that I was nervous, he simply said if you had a problem in a swimming pool and nearly drowned, you'd face your fears.....makes sense, as I got straight back in the car as soon as possible and if I survived my mums driving, I would be ok to drive myself......that hurdle had been crossed quite quickly.

So, I did it......went for a little drive along the road, met a pony and a tractor on route, easy........I got back to the yard and reversed into my spot and I had the biggest smile I've had for a year!

Now all I've got to do is RIDE................

Native Speaker

Visit site
Oh, well done, you!
grin.gif
Give yourself a pat on the back but only if it doesn't hurt!
smile.gif