I'm strangely loving showing...

crystalclear

Visit site
So I'm not really sure what's happened to me. Well I do know, my two year old yearling happened! I've had her since 6 months and never been interested in showing, not in the tiniest of bits. But since having this girl I've got into showing, I've got the showing bug and already looking forward to shows next year. She's currently standing near on 14.3hh so hoping she'll make 15.2hh or so??

So my girl is a Connemara X TB. We started off at some local shows and this year ended up at our county show, coming second!! We also came second at a different show which means she qualified for the final in Monmouthshire and has also won a couple of shows. She qualified for our local NPS extravaganza and we got through to the evening performance. It was fab!!

She's an absolute joy and so looking forward to next year. Here are some obligatory pics..

image_zpsaf8tkwro.jpeg

image_zpsmjc4b7c7.jpeg

image_zpstd91atie.jpeg

image_zpsutwrolev.jpeg

image_zpswhkvmxdr.jpeg

image_zps2ftegioe.jpeg

image_zps9hwz1ao2.png

image_zpsagmiowg1.jpeg

image_zpseht6uk20.jpeg

image_zpswcsxn6gw.jpeg

image_zpsynesvin2.jpeg

image_zpsibcmzmad.jpeg

image_zpsnl9hiff3.jpeg

image_zpsos6zphe4.jpeg

Last edited:

crystalclear

Visit site
Blackhorse- It certainly is! My horse I used to do low level ht on can't compete so much anymore so showing was definitely a welcomed distraction. I just can't believe I'm actually showing...and liking it!

crystalclear

Visit site
Beautiful girl. Looks like you're both having a whale of a time :)

Thank you! We definitely are. We are not going to any shows until next year now but she has behaved like a star!

She's beautiful! I'm not into showing but she's a lovely stamp. What are your longer term plans with her?

Ahhh thank you! As you know I don't really 'do' showing either but I'm loving it! I'm going to go to show next year, might venture to two county shows and the other of our one day show. Will then be backing her but won't show under saddle as a four year old...I don't think. Maybe as a 5 year old but would love her to be an all rounder. I do love a bit of speed and xc!

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
She looks lovely, and its lovely to see the smile on both of your faces!

Little tip.. when trotting up allow her to have much more freedom of the rein, ideally loose so she can completely show herself off, it also demonstrates good manners.

Well done for this season & good luck next year. x

1life

Visit site
In hand showing is great for introducing neddies to shows with you, their trusted friend, by their side :). It can be frustrating, it can be very time-consuming, but I like it too :). Your girl is beautiful; you both look like you are smiling!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
What an attractive filly. She will have a growth spurt over the winter, it would be wise to get her leaner over the winter period to avoid any joint issues.

crystalclear

Visit site
What an attractive filly. She will have a growth spurt over the winter, it would be wise to get her leaner over the winter period to avoid any joint issues.

Ahh thank you! I'm glad you like her. I didn't think she was that large? The recent pics from a month ago, is the one where I'm stood with her and she is side on with a red rosette. The others are from June time. But then she has been on summer grass (she lives out) and I find with youngsters they usually go out then up as you say, she is bum high again how exciting!