I'm such a pleb!!!

Madam_max

Visit site
Why do I have so much difficulty remembering SJ courses indoors
blush.gif
. I was clear yesterday then forgot the jump off fences. Anyones else as dim as me or have any tips? I much better when the JO is separate.
blush.gif
blush.gif

SSM

Visit site
That's why I don't show jump - having to remember a course where they come one after the other - just too much for my little brain!!!!!!

BBs

Visit site
Yep *hand goes up*

Im crap at remembering courses usually the jump off course and I have lost a number of first places because of this *stamps feet*

I think its an age thing, as Ive started to forget dressage tests too! have no idea why!

squid35

Visit site
I have no trouble remembering them and can learn a dressage test by just reading it once!

I remember things as patterns and not numbers and letters.

I can never have a test read to me as i have no idea where the letters are (obviously i know them but....)

how do you try to remember (or not in this case) a course?

SillyMare

Visit site
It is a nervous thing for me.

I have no problem with dressage tests if I am riding a nice easy horse but if I am riding something difficult I mess it up every time. Used to be dreadful on Lexi. I'm sure it was because 99% of my brain was occupied coping with her at any given moment which only left 1% to think about the next movement. With India I could always think ahead to the next movement so much easier (and Lexi is SO much better these days).

I do find that the harder I try to remember, the worse it gets because then I am at risk of the old momentary panic / mental blank thing.