Impaction colic

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Any experience of it and how to mange it I have had another day of it with Arabi, he had similar symptoms about 2 years ago we checked everything then worms, infection nothing to give reason for it.

I have found he has quite a noisy overactive gut compared to my other horse but he has a good appetite no real symptoms to indicate a problem in that area, just sad that I can't really find a link and help him ?

meleeka

Visit site
teeth? Water intake? Does he keep the same routine all year?

A friends horse kept getting it at the same time and it transpired he was gorging on stinging nettles!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
teeth? Water intake? Does he keep the same routine all year?

A friends horse kept getting it at the same time and it transpired he was gorging on stinging nettles!

The only thing I can think of is his been out at night since March had the odd night in, last night was a bit cold but I did put a light weight rug on him over his fly rug and they had a small soaked net of hay at about 8pm.

I'm wondering if he got cold and just didn't drink as much, but he never feels cold his a good weight so I just don't know.

Funny but I do have quite a lot of stinging nettles one side of my field so I will see if they have been munched on.

Thank you

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Update he has passed 2 lots of droppings and is starving so his had a bit of a walk and some grass, I'm just waiting to speak to my vet on what to do next.

Feel pretty relieved about it and knackered as been checking on him all night but so glad his better ?