implications for repeal with a hung parliament

Eagle_day

Visit site
Again echoing the general thoughts that there are more significant issues to worry about. But if I understand the voting record correctly a majority of the lib dems were against the original introduction of the hunting ban.

http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.php?date=2004-11-18&number=337

So perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel?

Yes, I think there is. At the very, very worst the Hunting Act will not be strengthend; at the best it will be repealed along with dozens of other useless Labour laws.

bexwarren24

Visit site
As I posted earlier which led to a little mocking lol

WHAT REPEAL? ROTFLMAO

Brown will form a government with the Lib Dems then stand down. Labour will elect Miliband as leader and he will slaughter Cameron within twelve months when he calls an election.

Save Me campaign with over 35000 members in just three weeks will gather momentum and the Milibands government will close all the loopholes, finishing hunting with hounds forever.

Probably lol lol

Remember who told you first lol lol

I'm in awe of your amazing future knowledge of what was going to happen to this government. You coiuldnt have got it much further from the turth if you tried. Oh well, i remember who told me first and now remember who not to listen to for political advise in the future. Now who's ROTHFLMAO!

Scratchline

Visit site
I'm in awe of your amazing future knowledge of what was going to happen to this government. You coiuldnt have got it much further from the turth if you tried. Oh well, i remember who told me first and now remember who not to listen to for political advise in the future. Now who's ROTHFLMAO!

Yes, got it wrong but it was pretty close to happening lol Never mind, Brown isnt PM and the hunting ban remains. As I voted for a none repeal Lib Dem who held his seat I couldnt be happier to be honest.
Time to take the money out of premium bonds and put it back into the bank. The Tory interest rates are coming! lol lol

leanne1988

Visit site
I don't think its at the top of their 'to-do' list, but when it is I reckon hunting will be allowed with some sort of license, so that it can be regulated.

rosie fronfelen

Visit site
repeal is NOT off the agenda, it is not high in priorities as it should not have been in 1997.also because one Lib Dem in Cornwall is anti - as they say one swallow does not make a summer-!!!! lol- as you say.no worries about hunting, even Clegg is not totally against it. so, Tally Ho in the autumn as usual-

endymion

Visit site
I think it prob is business as usual, or business as it has been for the past couple of years once everything settled down after the ban.

The majority of liberal democrats support a ban, there are not as many tories elected as most of you would like and there are still quite a lot of labour mp's around. I think it would be unlikely that a repeal would be supoorted by the majority, especially not for the foreseeable future.

I think people should be very careful what they wish for though. Bringing up the issue of fox hunting may get you another free vote, but it may also highlight the need to change loopholes in the existing legislation.

Xlthlx

Visit site
I think people should be very careful what they wish for though. Bringing up the issue of fox hunting may get you another free vote, but it may also highlight the need to change loopholes in the existing legislation.

Very unlikely to happen though. the Labour Govt did not want to amend the law. Once repealed it is very unlikely there would be another law like it. They would bring in an anti cruelty law instead.

The best approach is repeal of the HA and new legislation against deliberate cruelty to wildlife howsoever caused.

endymion

Visit site
Very unlikely to happen though. the Labour Govt did not want to amend the law. Once repealed it is very unlikely there would be another law like it. They would bring in an anti cruelty law instead.

The best approach is repeal of the HA and new legislation against deliberate cruelty to wildlife howsoever caused.

I agree that it is unlikely that the bill will be changed but I think a repeal is equally unlikely because I don't think anyone wants to go near this subject if they can help it. It'll be interesting to see how DC plays it after making the pro-hunt lobby so many promises....someone is going to get get pissed off...

Eagle_day

Visit site

The first being in the manifesto of the Tories and the second in that of the Lib Dems (and I think a failed Private members bill from a Conservative last time or two round?).

So it could be a goer in the Great Reform Bill.

Xlthlx

Visit site
The first being in the manifesto of the Tories and the second in that of the Lib Dems (and I think a failed Private members bill from a Conservative last time or two round?).

So it could be a goer in the Great Reform Bill.

Liberal democrat private members bill actually - scuppered by anti hunt MPs who did not want revised anti cruelty legislation as it would have made the hunting act unnecesary.

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
WHAT REPEAL? ROTFLMAO

Brown will form a government with the Lib Dems then stand down. Labour will elect Miliband as leader and he will slaughter Cameron within twelve months when he calls an election.

Save Me campaign with over 35000 members in just three weeks will gather momentum and the Milibands government will close all the loopholes, finishing hunting with hounds forever.

Probably lol lol

So adamant, yet so wrong. Hmmm, makes me doubt anything you say now!;)

Hanz

Visit site
TBH nothing is going to change, I personally feel the ban has got us a lot more supporters, the day after the ban was the biggest meet I have ever been to, so many people came out with us for the first time that day I think everyone was grateful.

We will still keep hunting as normal, the anti's will continue annoying us. It's just how its going to be.

pastie2

Visit site
TBH nothing is going to change, I personally feel the ban has got us a lot more supporters, the day after the ban was the biggest meet I have ever been to, so many people came out with us for the first time that day I think everyone was grateful.

We will still keep hunting as normal, the anti's will continue annoying us. It's just how its going to be.

As it has always been, nothing changes!

fitzaud2

Visit site
This is going to sound crazy, but in general, us irish depend on the british market to sell our hunting horses, therefore, if hunting is "gone forever" in britian, then our market is gone, and it wont be long before it happens here. How many horses will be culled then?? And the anti hunting crowd reckon they are anti cruelty? I wonder would they take on the otherwise useless horses and all the hounds????