Importing German Shepard's from pakistan

Gsdfhy786

New User
Visit site
I went to Pakistan recently where dogs are quite popular for the guarding aspect. Where I live in the UK you dont see germans under 2 grand but when I went Pakistan they're about 45000 rupees each so roughly 200 but I was wond ring how much would it cost to bring in not including quarantine and vet fees

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
To be fair one of the top GSD judges in the world is from Pakistan and he sits on the board of the world union of GSD clubs, of which the country's GSD club has been a member for 40 years, they hold lots of shows, some people have injected a lot of quality European blood into their breeding programmes.
But probably not going to see that in a 200 quid dog, granted.

Bellasophia

Visit site
I am in Italy.I’ve imported my last three dogs from Uk,Germany and lastly Sweden.
The last thing on my mind was getting a cheap dog.
Instead I looked at pedigrees to see conformation,titles ...ie both show and working titles, ,amount of inbreeding( undesired in my search) and most importantly,health testing of all dogs in the pedigree.
Researching the pedigree I visited online the breeders and their lines ..I looked at longevity too.
many times I would start my research years before I intended to buy..
I am currently doing this for my next dog,who is probably four years away.
If you are particularly drawn to a sharper,working shepherd you should look at East European dogs...in Uk breeders are using these dogs to bring in new working bloodlines . Go to champdogs Link below and look at the gsd breeders..look at their dogs and see if you have a type that appeals to you.

https://www.champdogs.co.uk/breeds/german-shepherd-dog

Quoth

Visit site
From Europe, all told, you aren’t going to see much change from four figures.

Importing is what you do when you want something specific that can’t be found in this country and are prepared to pay through the nose to get it.

Realistically you need to contact an airline or company which ships pets from Pakistan to the uk and get a quote.

Rescues regularly have plenty of gsds if you’re looking for one on the cheap. Though frankly if you can’t afford the cost of the dog then I’d be surprised if you can afford to keep it.