impulse spurs

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
the good the bad an the ugly please
smile.gif

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
always a good start!!!

have just been recommended them for my novice horse as he is a little well very slow off the leg at times so i just thought these would act as more of a reminder than anything else??/

only_me

Visit site
i like them and use them because with normal spurs i am constantly checking to see if i have marked him
tongue.gif

with the impulse spurs i can concentrate on my riding rather than constantly worrying
tongue.gif

hellspells

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i like them and use them because with normal spurs i am constantly checking to see if i have marked him
tongue.gif

with the impulse spurs i can concentrate on my riding rather than constantly worrying
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto everything above - my horse also doesn't seem to have such a 'bad' reaction to me putting leg on with these
smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
Thumbs up from me as they hurt a HELL of a lot less when you accidentally sit on them yourself (
blush.gif
)
I imagine they are therefore more "mild" on the horse's sides if they're easier on my backside!!
grin.gif

meardsall_millie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thumbs up from me as they hurt a HELL of a lot less when you accidentally sit on them yourself :)o)
I imagine they are therefore more "mild" on the horse's sides if they're easier on my backside!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL! I agree - and my boy gets huge marks from the slightest touch with normal spurs - these don't make a mark!

Thistle

Visit site
had to stop using them on W as they marked her badly. Because W is little B has to raise her heel slightly to use a spur. The inside edge of the ball is a bit sharp and it really grazed her side - trimmed all the hair off and rubbed it raw. Not holes/dig marks like you would get from a normal spur. B now used a little steel bobble spur which only marks slightly (Only uses spurs for comp and no more often than once a fortnight, however without them she doesn't have the oomph to jump the bigger tracks)

Rowena

Visit site
We find Impulse spurs are really good as they help reinforce the leg aid without causing a the sudden "reaction" so the aid remains much more subtle than it would say with a Prince of Wales spur - which for riders who are not still in the leg or tend to draw the heel up are not a good idea anyway. We actually don't use PofW spurs at all, much preferring instead a smooth rowel spur, which glides over the skin, for the dressage horses.

Hi Thistle - it sounds as if you've got a badly made pair as can honestly say we have never had a mark made on a horse, even the most sensitive of TB's.

Rowena
Equine Management and Training

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
sounds like they are def worth a try on my boy
smile.gif

i just think a normal spur would be too much, he just needs reminding of the leg because i am led to belive he has previously been ridden in spurs early on