In a bad situation. Is there anyone, especially in Central Scotland, with ideas (or just hugs)?

Caol Ila

Visit site
The yard is quieter, but she's been a mess at quiet yards and happy at busy yards. She prefers routine but has fencewalked at yards with routines, so that's not all of it. I wish I knew exactly what her triggers are -- but after 19 years, I can't quite figure it out. It must be like an energy/juju thing that horses can pick up but we're not so good at it.

Thinking back on all the yards she's been on, the saner the YO, the more settled she is.

Reacher

Visit site
Am glad you’ve found a better yard at least in the short term, and got some breathing space. Hope you are able to decompress and give yourself a bit a break from all the worry.

charlie76

Visit site
We have had horses that pace for a while, they soon settle with a quiet friend.
I have had several that " can't turn out with others" but with the right horse they have all been fine.

Cloball

Visit site
Could you pm me where you have tried I used to ride out Drymen way and have friends with horses around Kirkintilloch who might know of something?

Caol Ila

Visit site
I have eyed up that retirement livery as it looks ideal, but Her Ladyship would be offended if she was retired at this moment. She still wants to go out and do things with her people and she's more than sound enough to do so. I am hoping everything has been resolved, and the horse -- fingers crossed and knocking on all the wood -- seems happy with where she currently is. I've gone quiet on this thread because of human-related drama. I woke up in a Jilly Cooper novel, but without the wild sex.

blood_magik

Visit site
If you’re still looking, there’s a yard near me that might possibly suit - full livery, year round turnout, indoor school to hire across the road...

Might be the wrong side of glasgow, though.