In- Hand bridle for M & M clases

magichorse

Visit site
I am looking to buy an in- hand bridle for my Welsh sec D, for showing him in Mountain and Moorland and cob classes. All the ones that I've seen so far seem to have raised nosebands/ fancy stitching/ are very fine. Am I right in thinking that for a pony of this type they should have a flat, wider nose and brow band? For ridden classes I have a Sabre Eton bridle and I was looking for something similar in an in-hand bridle. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know where I can get a reasonably- priced one? Thanks!

justabob

Visit site
I am looking to buy an in- hand bridle for my Welsh sec D, for showing him in Mountain and Moorland and cob classes. All the ones that I've seen so far seem to have raised nosebands/ fancy stitching/ are very fine. Am I right in thinking that for a pony of this type they should have a flat, wider nose and brow band? For ridden classes I have a Sabre Eton bridle and I was looking for something similar in an in-hand bridle. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know where I can get a reasonably- priced one? Thanks!

No you are wrong in thinking that they should be flat and wide. Fine for ridden show cobs. In had bridles should be fine, hence that is what makes them *in hand bridles*. Have a look at welsh sec Ds in the WPCS journals, they are shown in the correct bridle.

magichorse

Visit site
Thank-you. Looking at some pics I see that some have brass browbands and some do not. Any ideas on the style that I should go for?

justabob

Visit site
Thank-you. Looking at some pics I see that some have brass browbands and some do not. Any ideas on the style that I should go for?

Depends whether its a colt, stallion or gelding really. We used the brass browbands for stallions and leather for colts. I would use leather on a gelding with the brass rossettes. Hope this helps.

xloopylozzax

Visit site
How old is your cob? Guessing he's a gelding?

Inhand bridles are generally incorrect for anything other than stallions. He would be better in a ridden bridle with the reins taken over the head. Mares and young stock in white halters is the norm :)