In Hand Qualifiers

Visit site
Hello

I'm struggling to find In Hand classes that are qualifiers for something major ( to give me an aim for the year) - has anyone got a clue?
Most I've found are not affiliated - it's just a class which is fine but I'm looking for bigger atmosphere.

Price family supreme IH @ Hoys would of been the dream if he wasn't 4 😭

Even sunshine tour have no relevant classes.

Gloucestershire based happy to travel

My horse is Oldenburg x Welsh D
Mum top grade a SJ.

Also he's about 16.2 - is there a height limit on WPB classes? All I've entered have little 12.2hh ponies in 🤣

He's 4 end of May but not ready for ridden classes

Sports horse ? Hunter? Wpb?

Help !! Pic attached for reference 😜

Many thanks

minesadouble

Visit site
I think STARS is your best bet. I think their Championship Show is at Arena UK in November.
I think you have to be a member of the Show Centre that holds the qualifiers. We've never done them so I'm no expert but have a look for some qualifiers near you and check the rules.

I can't think of anything affiliated for adult horses.

I'll be honest about The Price Family Championship, it is so hard to qualify and is dominated by Producers.
My mum has had a couple that she has bred that got through to the final but they were professionally produced.
Just to qualify you have to be Champion of your section and then be selected from the Champion of every section. All of the qualifiers are held at prestigious shows.
It's probably the toughest HOYS class to qualify for, and none of them are easy!

humblepie

Visit site
Also have a look at SEIB Search for a Star - they have plaited and amateur classes. Only a handful of qualifiers.

follysienna

Visit site
South west ponies association? They have a championship show at Cricklands in September. They have horse classes. I imagine In Gloucestershire, you should have some fairly local qualifiers. I've never been but know people love the championship show.

Otherwise you will probably struggle for in hand classes for an adult horse. Most affiliated will be ridden classes or youngstock.

Eta. Agricultural shows occasionally have sports horse classes, where you show on a triangle. Worth having a look at?