In hand showing advice - PLEASE!!!

SSM

Visit site
Mini Stonks and I have a BIG show (well to us) coming up Bank Holiday Monday and we are doing the in-hand and ridden Cleveland Bay classes (The bricks are already pouring out of my bottom
blush.gif
)

Having just received the Cleveland Bay year book all the in-hand photos seem to show the horses wearing in-hand bridles (you know the brassy things with buckles and chains all over). My question is do I need one or will a double bridle be just as acceptable? Also what should I wear on my head, panama hat or riding hat (beaglers are not permitted at this show)? I live in fear of the panama hat coming off!!!!!!

Also for the double bridle - hunter cavesson or pretty stitched thing (which I already have!)

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
As your horse is a riding horse (rather than a stallion, broodmare or youngstock) I think you wil be OK with a double bridle. Don't wear a harnessed hat. The beagler should be OK providing you are not riding. If you feel the panama will come off, then wear the beagler. Hunter cavesson definitely. WOrkmanlike for the CBs rather than poncy!

Heidi1

Visit site
If it is the same one you had on at Bramham, then go with the beagler...when you are trotting her out it will fly off......... And remember to smile. FMM has answered the other question re bridle. All that is left to say is GOOD LUCK......I'll be waiting with the wine.........