In memory of.....

_Acolyte_

Visit site
And to start off, I know I have posted pics of them before, but to remember Jura and Talisker who I lost in April and December this year. I miss them both every day, and their memory will always be with me
frown.gif

007_5-1.jpg

010.jpg

004_2-1.jpg

010_8-1.jpg

Sunbathing, her favourite thing:

P6080019-1.jpg

The day before Jura was PTS:

Jura.jpg

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Sweeney, a loyal protector, although that loyalty contributed to his untimely end.

1Brr001.jpg

Juno, who gave us success and love.

heads040.jpg

Dexy, a best friend who overcame so much and who I still miss, every day.

heads038.jpg

And Nanci, a very good girl who had a lot of friends, human, feline and otherwise and who had the most beautiful nature.

n509183344_693409_4587.jpg

CAYLA

Visit site
Aww....bless...this post is making me well up
frown.gif
...why did I suggest it.......because as sad as we may feel to look back....they are in all of our memories and will never be forgotten, (by their owners) but also they are here for us all to see
smile.gif
there has been so many losts this year.....of the friends we have lost....R.I.P forever little angels
smile.gif

Will add all mine...when I get a minute and scan my old piccies
smile.gif
...I will be blubbing like a baby
crazy.gif

The Original Kao

Visit site
I don't have any digital pictures of her at the moment but would like to remember my 1st ever dog Lacey.
We had her 7 wonderful years and she was my best friend when I was growing up
smile.gif

I still miss her so much even after 12 years
frown.gif

Also wanted to add the poem that we got from the vets after she was PTS. It still makes me blub, but it's a wonderful poem.

The last battle

If it should be I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle can't be won
You will be sad, I understand,
Don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love and friendship stands the test.
We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears
Would you want me to suffer? So
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend
Only stay with me to the end
And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
It is a kindness that you do to me,
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved
Do not grieve it should be you
Who must decide this thing to do -
We've been so close we two these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Author unknown

Also RIP Holly, our 2nd family dog who was sadly PTS in the summer this year. Run free
frown.gif

mattilda

Visit site
See that poem made me cry. I can't post pics of my lost ones as I don't have digital ones. Holly my darling sleep well died 20/6/07 very suddenly suspected heart attack. aged 8. Our very first Rottweiller and because of you not our last. Also Max and Jodi aged 15 and 13 respectively. Much loved Old English Sheepdogs.

Samcook

Visit site
In memory of my darling girls Shanzee and Abby, both with me 12 years.

Shanzee came to me from the dogs home where she had ended up after being thrown out of a car. She was my little shadow and my best friend. Sadly she collapsed and died out on a walk 16th November 2008. She is missed terribly every day.
scan0001.jpg

And her 'big sister' Abby was found in a skip, having been beaten up and left for dead, aged approx. 3 years, in 1996. She was slightly brain damaged but loving and kind. she was so distressed at the loss of Shanzee that she was PTS the day after, on 17th November 2008.
scan0002.jpg

The girls together, on their best behaviour.
scan0003.jpg

Run free my darling girls.

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
Aww, what a sad thread....

I would like to remember Beautiful Bronte, sadly lost to us at only 6 months old. She was one of our litter and was lost to her new owners after tragically swallowing magnets.

160808Bronte5.jpg

Vizslak

Visit site
achywithoutknee.jpg

our little Acorn. 28/11/2007- 20/11/2008. Such a short life, always in our hearts little breaky. So priviliged to have had the chance to share your mountains of love. Sleep well baby girl. mummy xxxx

Gooby

Visit site
My girlie in the weeks before she passed away. Unfortunately I was away during the last full week of her life but she managed to hold on for one more day so I could see her before she left me

IMGP0385.jpg

In her earlier days

RIMGP0001.jpg

GinaB

Visit site
My Windsor, PTS two years ago today at the age of 12. He was a grand old dog and I miss him and his silly tricks and stubborness so much. I hope he is still running free traumatising every bird in sight
laugh.gif

He was always proud of his retrieves
grin.gif

scan0007-1.jpg

scan0001-1.jpg

Twinkletoes

Visit site
What a moving and emotional thread. Thank you for creating this. Tears are streaming at my desk at work so am now convinced all my colleagues think I am an emotionally unstable blonde lol. RIP all you beatiful pooches, I hope you're all enjoying lots of sausages and comfy duvets up there. x

Oneofthepack

Visit site
For Indie. She was found wandering in Bristol just over 2 years ago and I kept going back to her picture for weeks on the 'found' section of Doglost before giving in and visting her at Bristol dogs home. Of course she was irresistable and I took her home on Nov 26th 2007.

She was the sweetest, nicest, gentlest and funniest dog I've ever had and I can't believe she'll never rest her fuzzy old head on my chest for cuddles again.

LizzieHamhill012.jpg
[/image]

Another 10 years with you would still not have been enough. God bless old lady xx

CAYLA

Visit site
We are spending our last bit of time together....all is quiet and she is fast asleep on the setee tucked up in her blankie whilst I wait fot the the inevitable, she will put to sleep at home in about an hour
frown.gif

She has been with me for 17 years, she has watched me grow up and I had gradually watched her grow old, we have spend endless summer and winter covering alot of milage together, I only agreed to foster her as she came in with broken legs as a baby....and it was the start of my 6 weeks holidays.....she was a cool little puppy and I liked her immediately...she was found a home and I was secretly heartbroken to let her go,but I kept a brave face and took her to her new home with the rspca rehoming co-ordinator who was a very close friend of my mams.....I still remember what the family was called even all those years ago.........
She never did settle in and a few months later she was returned and she stayed
She has been a joy to own, and I think the worst part is just looking back on her pictures and remembering how much energy she had and her gentle nature, and how dark she was
I have to let her go now because I cannot see her suffer and it's the one last thing I can do for her
She has seen so many dogs come and go and she seems to have lasted an eternity........Goodbye Puppy Bray sleep tight little girl, love mam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As a puppy
scanbray0004.jpg

Braynregan.jpg

Sleep tight little girl xxx

Natch

Visit site
Poppy, someone suggested I post my soapbox post over here too, thank you
smile.gif

...and why does the hurt of loosing an animal always take me by suprise?

Poppy was my mum's retirement present to herself. My dad was at home running a business and looking after me when I was a child, and she and I had always wanted a dog, but Dad didn't so she always promised herself a dog when she retired. The decision was begrudgingly accepted by dad, as long as he wouldn't have to do anything with it, not to mention his arm forced when as retirement presents mum's colleagues bought her pooper scoops, collars, leads, bed etc! So when I was 13 along came Poppy, a black labrador bitch puppy from gundog stock - because according to our neighbour who is a shooting man, she'd be more sensible than a show dog. She rode home on my lap in his car, and licked the seatbelt til it was soaked

We named her Poppy as her mother was named after a flower, and mum has the most lovely picture of her sat in a field of poppies. Red was definately a good colour against her shiny black coat! Her KC name was out of our hands and certainly did not suit a chunky lab - Pagent Queen!

She taught me everything I know about dog handling and training. We did puppy classes and met people we wouldn't have met had it not been for her uncanny ability to appear approachable, then bark her head off at anybody who passed As a teenager with a dog who was goign through her own Keving the teenager stage, she challenged me lots. I would jump her and take her to fun agility shows, really as a horse replacement since I couldn't have one of those at the time either! She was my big black protector when I went for evening walks to call on friends. She made me feel safe.

She broke the cat flap when she climbed through it but had grown since her last attempt Bless her, we think the only reason she did was because we were late back and she needed a wee! Somehow the parents never got around to replacing the flap, and to this day there is a hole in the wall, mainly used by both dogs to stick their head through and see who is comign down the driveway!

Dad fell for her instantly. He was the one who always insisted on taking her everywhere - mum had to reason with him on several occasions as to why it might not be a good idea to take a dog visiting to non-doggy or asthmatic friends! He was also the one who fed her treats, and to the day she died mum couldn't stop him giving her cheese and biscuits every lunch time!

Boy was she fit - and built like a tank. Strong as an ox too.

Aged 11 she was looking elderly, but in good spirits when they acquired another dog as a "rescue" called Bracken. Both black labs but miles apart, Bracken was young, slim and bouncy and ran much faster than Poppy could with her arthritic legs. We wondered if Poppy would last much longer, but Bracken seemed to give her a new lease of life, and she wanted to go for longer walks. She had a new job to do, too - teach the young one a thing or two!

This is Poppy around about this time.
P1010010.jpg

Poppy's best friend was a cat called Tigger, who lived to a grand old age of 19 and could be considered to behave like a kitten for 16 of those years! They would often be found curled up in bed together, Poppy's paw over Tigger. Poppy was afraid of the other cat, Lucy, who was definately Top Dog, but would rush in and tell Lucy off if the two cats ever got into a spat.

She came for hacks with my first horse, Henry. She came for walks with Frankie too.

Poppy's eyes got cloudy, her digestive system got weaker, but she was still enjoying a good quality of life. In the last few days she was sick but seemed to be okay again. Then yesterday morning Dad saw her get up in the morning and lose control of half of her body. They rushed her to the vets, expecting to have a stroke diagnosed, but it was even more serious than that - brain tumor. The kind vets even got a second opinion, and the second vet just said "I'm so sorry". Poppy was PTS aged 13, and quite frankly, I can't stop crying! Its ridiculous, I loved Tigger just as much, but had a short weep when she was PTS a couple of months ago, then was fine, but this one has really affected me. It was horrible visiting home and only seeing 2 dogs and one cat when Tigger went. Its going to be even worse now. Poppy used to know my car was coming from a mile off, even though I've changed it 3 times in her lifetime, and be waiting, sticking her head out of the cat flap and wagging her tail loudly against the bin in anticipation!

A couple of gratuitious photos:

P1010008.jpg

and my favourite

P1010007.jpg

mollichop

Visit site
My darling boys who I lost within a year of each other both aged just 8. Still expect to see them on my walks, sweet dreams little ones xxx.

Murphy:

murphy.jpg

Caffrey:

caffrey.jpg

Daily dip before breakfast:

boys.jpg

willhegofirst

Visit site
Flint was supposed to be a rough coated bitch, but my other half went out with the boys, and Flint picked them. I've never seen so many fleas on a pup, and the cat had brought in bigger rabbits! he got on well with the other animals considering he was a JRT and we had chickens and ducks, he did have a love hate relationship with our drake Donald, Flint thought he wanted to play Donald hated Flint with a passion, one day chasing Flint into the house through the cat flap and cornering him. Flint was good ratter and loved to come to the yard to sniff out any vermin, he would take a rat out of the air, yet when we had pet rats he knew the difference and the boys could play with them with Flint in the room taking interest but not threatening the rats at all.
He loved the beach and enjoyed his last holiday on the beaches of Pembrokeshire in September. I knew he wasn't right before we went away, he was in and out of the vets having urine and blood tests, which were normal, he lost weight and stopped using his right back leg, x-rays to find out what was going on with his leg showed up thickened bowels in October and that as they say, was that, he as on steroids which helped but didn't cure, and on Monday the 7th of Feb. he was put to sleep, he was 11yrs old Sleep tight Flint miss you
SDC10803.jpg

On his last Hols
SDC10936.jpg

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
R.I.P Max, my old boy, always up for it, whatever "it" might be.
Rescued 12 years ago, covered in mange and so sick with kennel cough, we thought he might not last the night... b.1997 - pts.17/04/2010

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not the brightest lamp in the street - but brightened my day every day <3

Native Speaker

Visit site
........Tugg (Tameila Freddie) 25 October 1998 - 29 April 2010

Just a very special little dog, who brightened everyone's day. His passing has left us in a million pieces, but I have a feeling his name will live on.........

RIP, little man. God Bless.

Guarding the strawberry patch
aug05002.jpg

It's OK - Mum's not looking;)
ALIM0006-1.jpg

Grrrrrrr! Kill the ball!
ALIM0031.jpg

Tugg being Tugg......
ALIM0003-1.jpg