"In my lorry I have.........."

coffeeandabagel

Visit site
I have just bought a beautiful 7.5 tonne lorry. Having had a trailer for the last couple of years I am having fun putting stuff in it! What have you in your lorry - either built in stuff or things you always have in it?

The living is very basic but has a sink and hob, bench seats and space in the luton for a king size bed - empty currently.

I do riding club acitivites, camps and unaffiliated everything.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24773&stc=1&d=1411209847

Lolo

Visit site
Always, first aid kit for horse and rider, spare set of clothes, a basket with stuff (hairnets, gloves, rule books... All the gubbins you forget) and so much dried food- cup a soups, pasta, tea, coffee, sugar, all the instant 'just add water' things! And the fizzy drinks, water, chocolate... Stuff to pep you up if you're lacking energy and are about to go SJ.

Carefreegirl

Visit site
As Lolo plus spare head collar, lead rope and reins. A white board for writing times, things not to forget etc. A nice light broom for sweeping the floor where you change boots - always always a bit of hay that gets stuck to the bottom of your sock :wink3:

My lorry is only a 3.5t so very basic wit not much storage, I bought 2 electric plug holders from wilkinsons for £1 which are great for hanging your crops up with.

Mobile phone charger in glove box.

jess_asterix

Visit site
First aid kit horse and human.
Spare clothes both competition and normal clothes.
Spare gloves
Lots of coats
Lucozade, Red bull and Capri Suns (just enough for one and don't go horrible like leaving squash in there.
baby wipes
muck scoop and poo bucket
spare headcollar and rope
spare bridle, girth and saddlecloth
cigarette lighter adapter to charge phone
towels horse and human.
hair brush
deodorant
perfume
canned food and cuppa soups
bottled water for boiling
sachets of hot chocolate/cappucino etc again don't go off as easily and don't need milk
headache tablets
Torch
adjustable spanner
screwdriver

I could go on. I keep SO much stuff in my lorry that I 'might' need!

coffeeandabagel

Visit site
Ohhh adjustable spanner! Hadn't thought of that. Not sure what I could do with it but someone else might be able to use it!

Have got spare stirrups and girth since I have 1) forgotton 2) broken one of each before when I was out.

star

Visit site
In addition to everything already mentioned!

Multiple fire extinguishers and fire blanket next to hob

spare absolutely everything! - tack, clothes, coats, boots etc

Flash surface wipes

Big roll of blue paper towel

fluorescent jacket

big torch

selection of liqueurs for my hip flask lol!

I could move into my lorry very easily.

coffeeandabagel

Visit site
I must take the extinguisher out of the car and put it in the lorry! And fnd the fire blanket- thanks hadnt thought of them yet. Blue paper towel - where can I get that?

Also looking for a bunk bed ladder

Tnavas

Visit site
All this and more, packing up after HOY

HorseoftheYear2012043.jpg
HorseoftheYear2012044.jpg

All loaded, even the horse!
HorseoftheYear2012045.jpg

My truck is very old and I think a homemade conversion. Horses travel backwards with heads facing into the living area, a panel folds down when travelling and locks up when used for living in. Everything is stowed away in cupboards or under the bed, there is a sink, a wide single bed, with heaps of storage under, a small wardrobe with drawer under and shelf above. Travels two hacks in the middle. Luton has a wide single mattress and is also used for storage. A plank drops into the space beside the mattress to prevent any dung landing there. At shows, if we are staying overnight, floor is cleaned, (I use course sawdust, so absorbs most deposits) I have a piece of carpet that is unrolled. The Calor Gas lantern is hung up and folding chairs and table set up. It's basic but comfortable.
Horse wise, everything stores under the bed, in containers, multi hooks, hook over the top of the partition and everything can be hung up.

charlie76

Visit site
Omg ! Where to start!
Living- dried food
Crisps
Water
Loo roll
Kitchen roll
Tin foil
Soap
Shampoo
Conditioner
T towels
Towels
Pans
Cling film
Washing up liquid
Pillows
Duvets
Show clothes
Boots
Spurs
Coats
Boot cleaning stuff
Hats
Gloves
Hair nets
Spare clothes
Hair dryer
Mirror
Passports
Matches
Bottle opener
Cutlery
Plates
Glasses and cups
Bin bags
Bin

Front locker-
Mounting block
Buckets
Skip buckets
Mucking out stuff
Ice tight
Bandages
Pads
Jumping boots
Dressage boots
Xc boots
Over reach boots
Stud kit
Tape
Horse wash
Buckets
Horse shampoo
Sweat scraper
Lorry tools
Hay nets
Spare tyre
Water container
Feed bowls

Small side locker
First aid kit
Lunging kit
Plaiting kit
First aid kit
Spare tack
Spare head collar and rope
Bin bags

Tack locker
Grooming kit
Hoof oil
Spare bits
Saddle clothes
Bridle numbers
Ear covers
Treats

Fire extinguisher s

Then we have spare rugs, coolers, exercise sheets on the rug racks

I'm sure there is more stuff, just can't think if it all!

star

Visit site
oh, i get blue roll from work (am a vet) but my mechanic has also always got loads of it so must be available to buy. It's cheap and cheerful for mopping up spills etc.

NZJenny

Visit site
A fold up wheel barrow. I no longer have a truck, but it fits into the storage locker in the float. When you are on your own and have to lug gear - they are your best friend.

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
I reckon the patey hat bag has more alcohol in it! ;)

loads of ideas already but one thing I have which has proved to be a godsend on a few occasions is a full shoe removal kit. I also have a spare set of shoes for the horse, but thats mostly for horse trials etc where a farrier is onsite.

my dogs have their own stuff in the lorry too, including dog tags with the lorry reg and my mobile on them ;)

for a three day, I'd also take an extra door mat to have at the bottom of the lorry steps, then you can wipe feet before entering the lorry. saves on mud.

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
In a 3.5 - Wd40, bungee cords, bin bags, pad and pen, cash for tolls etc, tissues, massive 1st aid kit inc anti histamines etc, floor wipes, sharp knife for emergency use, deicer, scraper, old towels, torch, batteries, hivis for breakdowns or unexpected hacking, 2 way adaptor for cig lighter (reversing camera + satnav), sweets, wheel lock, spare coat, lipbalm, 4ltr cheap bottled water so always can water horse in emergency, fire extinguisher, kitchen roll, dustpan and brush, cold drinks, cereal bars, water carrier, buckets, shovel, lunge line, bailer band, spare headcollar and leadrope, sweat scraper, spare reins, leather and girth, set of shoes, change of clothes, basic grooming kit, horse show kit (hoofoil, chalk etc), human show kit (hairnets, deodorant etc), haynet, mounting block, fleece rug, summer sheet, old med weight nz, spare travelling boots and babywipes.

For weekends away I have a hob and sink in the back and the cab turns into a bunk when you add motorhome window blinds. Add bedding, food, drink, garden chairs and a cat litter loo (they're on amazon), plus all the horse's stuff.

Obvs with all that on board I only carry one horse and I have checked the payload on a weighbridge.

Last edited:

conniegirl

Visit site
everything including the kitchen sink Lol!!

Most important things I've got are the bailer twine, hole punch, spare headcollar and leadrope (had a couple of snapped headcollars and leadropes at shows), and an emergancy number of someone who can come and collect your horse or drive your lorry home if you have an accident which leaves you unable to drive!
Also important are spare contact lenses and a pair of glasses

I've also got a sealed bag of hay, lots of large water containers, spare rugs, a tool kit (bright pink so my OH and father dont nab it) high vis jacket, alcohol, glasses, pimms jug, gazebo, seats, table, show kit, first aid kit for people and horses (including some ACP incase of emergancy and some paracetamol for me). A can opener, a bottle opener and my trusty frying pan for bacon!

mrswad

Visit site
I got lots of bits & pieces to furnish my lorry from Ikea. A £1.00 semi-circular holder for recyling plastic carrier bags is fixed inside the jockey door for whips & brollies, the matching rectangular one is my waste bin, the non-slip bath mats are washable & make great mats for dogs to snuggle on, the curtains & bedding is good value & durable. I also have a little cupboard on the walls for gloves, bridle numbers etc, and a mirror.... Cheap & cheerful!
I'm looking for a ladder for the luton if anyone has any suggestions of where to get one cheaply?

joycec

Visit site
Must have one of those! Where can I get one?

Before engine management systems came in, they were pretty common, but they're as rare as rocking horse poo now. I'll let you know if I get rid of my lorry and don't need mine any more. He won't be cheap though. :D