In the words of Dame Shirley Bassey….

misst

Visit site
18 months!!! Where did that go? Beautiful dogs. Since you have been posting about Madame I have been more aware of corgies and there is a beautiful pair I see now on walks with our dogs. Both very very attractive and owner says both very strong stubborn characters. I never really looked at the breed before but they are really worth a second and third look!. Gorgeous.

P3LH

Visit site
Well I said recently on another thread that in the house, testicles are a privilege and dear Gus hasn’t quite adhered to that memo - and I am frankly sick of the petty squabbling between the two boys over ‘boy’ things.

Despite what I feel is good management, we’re only really mitigating their testosterone fuelled fall outs over who can pee on the same patch outside the longest or go through a door first etc so tomorrow…he goes back to have his pockets picked as despite being no trouble overall, he is definitely the sly starter of all testicle driven fall outs!

P3LH

Visit site
He’ll be fine and can devote his life to arts and crafts and other hobbies. He’s no trouble really, and if I didn’t already have another intact dog I probably wouldn’t bother - the issue is they just quarrel over preventable things which is sparked by him pushing his luck with an older dog intolerant of luck pushing.

I’m not a huge fan of castration so I’ve been back and forth with it for a while. As he’s one of those dogs with no vices in general life/his general
personality, I’m not too concerned of any negative affects.

Ironically I only posted two weeks ago he’d probably stay entire as is fairly easy, which he is - but life will be more harmonious I think, short of two little things between his legs.

Last edited:

P3LH

Visit site
Scout has been told he only keeps his nadgers if he behaves. I hope small soon bounces back from his op.
That was our agreement too. He’s fine today, too back to normal so on pen rest as seems to have missed the memo he was under the knife yesterday.

P3LH

Visit site
I was more bothered than him.

It’s like nothing happened - with the exception of not being all hormonal about having a pissing contest with my eldest male, ergo restoring harmony and no more squabbling. It was always over who would pee where, ridiculous but became relentless and made life not all that enjoyable. Wasn’t opting to snip for behaviour, he’s the dream ticket, but had to mitigate his hormonalness as think he saw himself as a bit of a Mick Jagger whereas I was always more of a fan of a Charlie Watts type when it comes to intact dogs.

If my eldest wasn’t so old I think I’d have waited for things to mellow off but approaching his teens and quite blind, it wasn’t right for anyone.

Back to covering everything in hair and mud. Life is normal again. Although we are certainly no longer an owner of a puppy. Nearly 21 months old, doesn’t realise how heavy he is, still a destroyer of beds, still a concerned observer of the many things he seems to believe want to kill him and still has a squint just as he did when I first met him.

Attachments

• 63B32B00-6C76-4156-92E0-73549259D335.jpeg
    63B32B00-6C76-4156-92E0-73549259D335.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I'm glad it has done the job. Our oldest heeler Pickle was castrated nearly 11 years ago as he was a total sex pest. I was hoping to keep the younger heeler entire but when he reached about 18 months there were a few spats between them so he was done too. They still have peeing contests on walks but other than that it has certainly helped. However, when the shepherd pup was recently in season for the first time it was Pickle who told me before she showed signs, and he spent the next 2 weeks earnestly trying to mate whatever bit he could reach. He's obviously got a very long memory ! :rolleyes:

Moobli

Visit site
Glad it’s not bothered the young man in the slightest but has made life more enjoyable again. There are no definitive answers when it comes to whether neutering is for the better or not, only personal experiences and it’s certainly been the best option for you by the sounds of things. Love the photo, they are super cute!

P3LH

Visit site
Glad it’s not bothered the young man in the slightest but has made life more enjoyable again. There are no definitive answers when it comes to whether neutering is for the better or not, only personal experiences and it’s certainly been the best option for you by the sounds of things. Love the photo, they are super cute!
Yes I’m certainly not an advocate in the blanket sense, nor would I do it for any reasons I determined to be behavioural as such. Generally I prefer to leave boys as they are.