Inconsiderate drivers!!!

Zimzim

Visit site
Basically, last night I took my youngster for a walk (inhand) as something different to do as Im working on getting his ground work established before I back him.

Any traffic that I thought was coming too fast I waved my arm to tell them to slow down (I was wearing hi-vis aswell like I always do just to be safe).

Luckily my youngster is great with all types of vehicles so he didnt bat an eyelid,but hes a bit spooky going past the church we have to pass.

A few people did slow down and I thanked them, but I was mortified by how many people came past us at like 60mph even a van with a trailer attached to it!!! When they could clearly see he was a bit spooky going past the church (nothing serious just moving out into the middle of the road a little bit to have a look). Its quite a narrow lane where 2 cars can just pass one another, but I thought how inconsiderate they were to be driving past at such speed he could have really spat the dummy out and sat on one if he wanted!

I was really annoyed!!!

Sorry, it doesnt sound as bad now Ive written it down, but I just thought people need to think about their actions when driving past horses as at the end of the day theyre animals and can be unpredictable at times.

Last edited:

maree t

Visit site
Just being on the roads is scarey, I think people just dont realise how quick a horse can go sideways. Is it worth getting a flourescent crop to hold in your outside hand, I do this when leading on the roads because it makes you seem wider to pass and if in doubt holding it straight out beside you can sometimes wake the driver up a bit.

Tost

Visit site
There are so many inconsiderate drivers out there it's shocking.

The scariest encounter with an idiotic driver. I have had was roughly a year ago. When I used to own my cob we often used to go on hacks which meant having to go a road which often got quite busy because at the end of it was quite a big village. I was hacking out one day and I could hear a car in the distance and before I knew it this car shot up right behind my pony and then instead of holding back (as we had approached a bend in the road) he continued to drive past very slowly and when our eyes met he got a few words thrown his way and some evil looks. He looked very sheepish then drove off. Thank god F was good in traffic. I even remember the make and colour of the car!