Increasing value of trailer

Birker2020

Visit site
Having seen a number of aged trailers on the market at the moment I have upped the value of my old trailer which I believe is a Bahill double horse trailer with front unload. They are being stolen and seem to be in much demand at the moment for renovating into gin bars and catering wagons.

I had it insured for £300 but increased it December 2020 to £800 without having to pay an additional premium.

As it came round for renewal in December 2021 I increased the value to £2000 yesterday with my insurance company, it was an extra £25.00 on my premium. I explained that they were being sold for silly money at the moment as people were renovating them for gin bars and catering wagons and I wanted to reassess the value of mine as I was having it resprayed and it was in very good condition and had been serviced practically every year and new parts as and when necessary.

She said she'd had a few people who had rang her to increase the value of their old trailers in line with what I wanted to increase mine to for this very reason. The lady said as long as in the event of a claim I could prove that trailers were selling for this amount of money that was fine. So I've been on e-bay and got a number of reconditioned trailers that don't look a spot on my trailer and printed them off just in case.

She also asked me to get the mechanic to sign confirmation of the value on his companies letter head which he's agreed to.

Has anyone else increased their old trailer value? Photo of my late horse Bailey standing loose in trailer about to be tied up before travelling home. and the second photo the interior before it was fixed up.
1641380551987.png1641380650999.png

Last edited:

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Didn't even think of this, so thanks for the heads up! I bought my 506 for 3k in 2015.. can’t believe the same trailer is now selling for over 5k! Madness

Birker2020

Visit site
Didn't even think of this, so thanks for the heads up! I bought my 506 for 3k in 2015.. can’t believe the same trailer is now selling for over 5k! Madness
No worries. I think everything pre Covid was cheaper :) now everything has gone mental monetary wise, dogs, horses and trailers!

Part of the reason I personally think trailers have increased in value is because people are either looking to diversify their existing businesses or thinking outside the box and creating new avenues of work like running gin bars at events!