Indiba machine therapy - has anyone tried it?

Tash88

Visit site
Hi - another livery at the yard had a veterinary physio with an Indiba machine treat her horse a couple of weeks ago, and she has been impressed with the results. I'm considering having my horse treated as well, in the hope that it might help his stifles (chondromalacia), and reduce the need for further steroid injections. Of course if it doesn't work I'll have to go with the injections as I don't want him to be uncomfortable.

Has anyone else tried this and how did you/your horses find it?

Thanks in advance, Tx

Tash88

Visit site
Thank you and I'm sorry for the late reply, it's been a crazy week!

That is useful to know, do you mind telling me the kinds of reasons the horses at your work have it? Do any of them have joint issues or is it more for maintenance of competition horses and that kind of thing?

Tash x

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Thank you and I'm sorry for the late reply, it's been a crazy week!

That is useful to know, do you mind telling me the kinds of reasons the horses at your work have it? Do any of them have joint issues or is it more for maintenance of competition horses and that kind of thing?

Tash x
It’s been a bit of a mix actually. Some have just been “not right” some joints, a few tendon issues.
They are racehorses. They are all very happy and chilled while it’s being done, I had spoken to the lady doing it and she was going to come and do one of mine sometime, I just haven’t really got round to it but she explained it all and it sounds worth a try to me!

Britestar

Visit site
Friend has used it with great success on one horse. Gone from pretty much vet write off ( 2yrs+ investigations) to back riding and jumping.

Had one session on a horse with severe stifle injury, but due to restrictions have not been able to have anymore treatments. Hoping to restart as movement allows now.

Tash88

Visit site
Thanks for the further replies, that's all really interesting. Looking forward to my horse's session in a couple of weeks and I will report back! :)