Inexpensive Accomodations for Visitors?

SidesaddleRider

New User
Visit site
A group of us (6-8) are starting to plan a trip now to cap with the Quorn, Vine & Craven, and 1-2 other hunts in the vicinity in late October.

Does anyone familiar with the area have some recommendations for inexpensive housing options? We are trying to make the trip as affordable as possible for everyone, so want to stay away from expensive hotels.

Thank you in advance for any advice. :)

becca1305

Visit site
the Quorn is my local hunt, off the top of my head I would struggle to think of accommodation options as being local I have never stayed overnight nearby! there may be others that can help you better. However I would suggest perhaps getting in contact with the hunt secretaries who may be able to advise you :).

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
Try Youth Hostels. My first ever hunting breaks were spent at Exford YHA which proved an excellent base for following staghounds and foxhounds (although a source of fascination and amusement to the locals I met there!)

Drakerath

Visit site
Check your timings too. In late October you will posibly by "Autumn Hunting" or otherwise proper hunting. You may want to investigate which you wish to do. There is quite a difference in the price you will pay and the type of riding you will be offered. The changeover date is around the end of October /early November.

Izzywizz

Visit site
Melton Mowbray would be a pretty go base forest meets in quorn country. If you want to pm me I can suggest a few b and b's near the opening meet. I'm guessing you will be going side saddle?

CrazyMare

Visit site
If you are coming for Quorn opening meet, you have a few options really. You could go for Melton Mowbray (avoid the Quorn Lodge...) which has more independent hotels, and pub hotels.

You wouldn't be far from Leicester or Loughborough if you wanted cheap, clean and predictable in the standard chains. Loughborough has a brand new Premier Inn and Holiday Inn (around 15 miles down straight ish road from Loughborough to Kennels). Leicester has plenty of chains too, and is about the same distance.

I'd avoid any hotels on the A46 but they always come up on laterooms.com.

PM me if you want to check any hotels. Although I live in the area, lots of my ex collegues used to stay in hotels locally, and reported back the good, bad and indifferent!