info on pallards son - possibly in shropshire somewhere???

Bennions Field

Visit site
I have just brought a really nice 3 year old by a stallion called Pallards Son, I was lead to believe he was a TB x Cob and is based somewhere is shropshire? My little lad is proving to be a realy chilled out guy
smile.gif
so I'm really pleased with him so far, but would love to find out more about the stallion, I have googled his name and come up with nothing so far, so thought I would ask the experts
grin.gif
any info would be gratefully appreciated

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I wonder if it's any relation to Pallards Gem? I'm sure he used to be based about here somewhere some years ago and I've just been on NED which says he's by Pallard Court x Precious Gem ll. Born 5/7/78 on NTR. There are some progeny but I'm sorry, I wasn't going to use up my points to find them!
If he's TB, then you could ring Weatherbys themselves, ask for Studbook and they will be happy to help - or they always have been in the past! It's 01933 440077. Let us know how you get on.

Bennions Field

Visit site
thanks for the info and contact number for wetherby's, I've found him (Rafiki, AKA Bugsy) on NED, and his father Pallards Son, I will try and register and gain some points and find out more, I think its nice to be able to see their parents and know what they are like. Bugsy is apparently very much like his father in looks and temprement according to the lady who brought him when he was weaned, she got to see the mare and stallion at the time, just a shame I've lost her number. I will keep you posted on the progress, thanks again for you help

JenEn

New User
Visit site
monkstc01 - I was wondering how your horse by Pallards Son is going? I am in the process of buying a fillly by Pallards Son. I am so excited and have heard great things about Pallards Sons offspring.

Bennions Field

Visit site
Hi Jen, thanks for asking how he's doing, he's a superstar :) i'm sooooo glad i brought him 2 years ago, he's so chilled out still, i can leave him for weeks without riding and he's so good when i ride again. he's lovely in the field, and in fact is currently babysitting my 8 month old weanling, he's so gentle with her. there is only one thing that i wish i could change and that is he's filthy in the stable, but hey, thats his only bad point :)

he's a really good doer, lives of fresh air, and has the most amazing coat. he's grown loads too, he was around 15h when i got him as a just turning 3 year old, he's now 15.3, i've measured him with a proper measing stick i was so convinced he'd grown loads, he was 5 in september.

I'm not far from you if your'e at the norbury near newport, i'm based in whitchurch, so around 15/20 mins away if you wanted to come see him, i'm still really interested in seeing a picture of the stallion, i didnt manage to find any more info about him unfortunately.

i'll try and take some more up to date pictures of him, though he's a little bit of a mud monster due to all the rain recently, he's turned out a wonderfull mahogany bay with 'sooting' along his topline. i know i'm biased but he is really lovely.

JenEn

New User
Visit site
Hi, thanks so much for telling me about ur boy, he sounds fabulous! Makes me even more excited to get my filly.

I haven't managed to find out anymore about Pallards Son, but will ask the filly' breeder, as I think he is local to her.

Will let u know how I get on with my girl, and if I find out anymore about the sire.

Keep having fun with your lovely horse!

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Did you see this?
Hello!

Pallard's Pride died in November last year at the wonderful age of 35 years. He has left a huge hole but his sons continue his success.

Ginger Jim is TB x Welsh Cob standing in Shropshire with his full brother Pallard's Son VII

Pallard's Pride horses display similar characteristic to those you describe - fabulous temperament and exceptional ability.

We wish you much fun and success with your mare Izzy.
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-439223.html

JenEn

New User
Visit site
Magic104, yes thanks I have seen the post about Pallards Pride, he sounds awesome.

Monkstc01, my lil filly arrived on Saturday and I am thrilled to bits with her. She is a sooty bay like your chap and is so pretty. She seems very laid back too. Since sat she has gone from not being sure about coming near me to grooming my ponytail whilst I muck out! I will put a pic up when she looks a bit less of a scruff.

Helen ratcliff

New User
Visit site
Hi everyone, I was very interested to read your posts above. I have a 6 year old bay mare out of Pallards Son. She is just amazing, very chilled, laid back young lady. I do know that the stallion is in Nesscliffe in Shropshire. I am eventing her this year at BE 90 and took her to Milton Keynes Three Day Event last weekend where she did a fabulous double clear and came 11th individually. Her dressage needs work, but xc she is so brave and jumps like a cat. I love her to bits

caitlinhjoyce

New User
Visit site
Hey everyone, i have a mare by Shrawardine Pallard Ginger, does anyone know this stallion or is it the same as 'Ginger Jim'? She is 4 and stands at 15.2/3 and is a little star, hoping to get her out showjumping next year but so far she has proven very brave and careful and has a lovely temperament and character. I wonder how closely others mentioned on here are related to her? On her passport she is down as a appaloosa x tb but the guy i bought her from said she is welsh x tb. This is the main reason i bought her as had a fantastic 14.2 welsh x tb in the past.

rosa's pride

New User
Visit site
Hiya guys type in Google pallards bride my mare was from him I've looked at history pallards son is also related my mare is called rosa's pride but unfortunately cannot for the life of me find her mother :-(

ccls

Visit site
Finally managed to add a picture of Pallards Son and his mum Amber: see below (I hope). He's a hansom chap. Also put picture of his dad Pallards Pride on a separate thread. The breeder used to have two shire mares but now only has one TB?xcob? mare (Bridget?). They all seem to have/had lovely temperaments, be quite hardy and easy to handle.

Amber
attachment.php

Pallards Son VII
attachment.php

Jessguise

New User
Visit site
We have a gelding by pallards son he is 7 now and absolutely amazing never put a foot out really lovely cheeky chap. We adore him
Does anyone have more pictures of pallards son the mare was called blue lady??
:)