Information on Aigle Rubber Riding boots?

patseyr

Visit site
Hi there,

I was going to buy my other half a pair for Christmas, she has taken up horseriding recently (nothing too serious, but she seems to be enjoying it!).

Does anyone have any information on the foot sizing, she is a size 5 and a half but wears size 5 hunter wellies. Also there are 3 different calf sizes I think, the xl size is approx the same circumference as Hunter wellies as far as I can make out, are the boots generally a snug fit?

She also helps out with the neighbours horses and out on the farm (sometimes). I know they may not be ideal to ride with but with all the floods and knee deep mud over here the boots will come in really handy, especially this time of the year rather than changing over footwear all the time.

I presume they are fully waterproof? and does anyone know if they do get wet inside from crossing rivers etc. do they dry out quickly or will they be ruined?

Sorry for all the questions! :eek: Any information would really be appreciated,

Thanks for reading!!!

Spiritedly

Visit site
Can't help you with sizes I'm afraid but if I remember correctly they have smooth soles so don't have much grip in the mud or wet.

JackInABox

Visit site
I'm a narrow size 5 and a half and I bought size 6 aigle boots, they felt fine to start with but now it takes a lot of effort with a boot jack or being dragged across the tack room floor to get them off. That said, they're really comfy when they're on and it's great to be able to hose them off if you've been walking in deep mud, they keep your feet nice and dry too. Mine show no signs of being damaged from getting plastered in mud and then hosed and left to dry every week, and they're fine to ride in too. Not sure about width comparisons because I've never worn hunter wellies, but mine are fairly loose around my legs.

cptrayes

Visit site
I buy 40 euro 6 1/2 and aigle are exactly right. They are as watertight as wellies and you can stick them next to the radiator to dry the insides.

patseyr

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies,
any one with any other experiences with them?

Good to hear theyre watertight, they will really come in useful as they are a lot taller than wellies, which will come in handy for crossing the flooded fields. My other-half came back with both wellies full of water yesterday after leading the horses through!

Malin100

Visit site
No experience of the Aigles, but just to say I've had a pair of rubber Harry Hall Stylo start boots about 12 years. Totally waterproof and mudproof and I hose them down all the time. I think the foot size was true to size, but I needed the wide calf. I think I'm 50/50 with makes whether I need standard or wide calf anyway, but in case that helps...

I don't need wellies at the yard, can keep them at home and these are replacement wellies!

Kat

Visit site
My aigle rubber riding boots are still waterproof 20+ years after purchase. Sadly my calves don't still fit in them (though my feet probably would) so they have been passed on to the next generation.

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
Am I the only person who has worn out 2 pairs of Aigles and is working on the 3rd pair in the space of 6 years? :D I am a size 8 but I always get the 9's in mine as they come a bit taller (I HATE short length long riding boots). I find with mine, the inside lining ends up coming out with my foot towards the end of my boot's life. The soles are getting thin on mine too. Mine are marked XXL on the calf and my legs are 16".

patseyr

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, only after seeing them now, (I have been soooo busy with my collage work all week! :( ).

After talking to the girl in the shop over the phone I ordered a pair of size 40, with XL calf which cost 69.00 euro. She said my girlfriend can put on some thick socks if they are a little big on her.

The boots arrived earlier in the week, and I was really surprised how well they look, they almost look like leather and I was also quite surprised how flexible they are!. They really look like a well made boot, I just hope they fit her now !.

I'm delighted to hear some of the reviews saying they should last a long time. They should be a good alternative to wellies with the added bonus of being much taller which should prevent the water going over the tops, but with the depth of some of the "puddles" around here at the moment they may not be immune to getting filled either :D

I will keep you guys posted on how she gets on with them!

Thanks for the help!!! :)