Inhand showing - what to wear?

Sooty

Visit site
Sorry if this has been covered a million times, but what is the correct wear for men and women for inhand classes? Showing a native yearling? OH has some light coloured cotton trousers, paddock boots, waistcoat, shirt and tie - but what hat is suitable? He has a leather 'cowboy' hat, is that acceptable? We are talking local level shows! Troggy has usual riding gear. Thankies!

peanutpussycat

Visit site
Cowboy hat would be ok for local. you really want to look for a felt trilby. have a look on ebay. Brown gloves and a brown whip/cane. gd luck. Same for ladies. If you get into an evening performance, black tie for men and flouncy dress and foofy hair for women.

juliehannah58

Visit site
Don't forget to wear dark trousers if your horse has light legs, and light if your horse has dark legs. Oh and brown tack!
smile.gif

I recently took my 2 yr old to her first show and wore this:
bells7.jpg

Most of it from ebay
smile.gif
I got brown leather driving gloves off ebay for £4.99 and they are lovely!! Did the duster trick on a cheap white shirt and hey presto!

Good luck
smile.gif

JM7

Visit site
as i'm assuming you are showing Beano, you will need to wear dark trousers.....

wear a plain shirt...and either a tweed jacket or a nice waistcoat..a co-ordinated tie, and dark gloves...the cane should be leather covered and the same colour as his bridle...and a nice felt trilby or leather hat will set things off nicely.

spaniel

Visit site
YAY Sooty and the Beano....go guys go!!!!!!

(Remeber to wear shoes you can stay upright in if he spooks....theres nothing more embarassing than smooth leather soles if you have to run a bit!! Whoops!
blush.gif
)