Inhand veteran

Visit site
Hi I'm thinking about starting to do Inhand veteran classes with my 21 Welsh Sec B just wondering what the correct show attire would be for me and her as I've never done this before thanks. This is her

Crackerz

Visit site
Normal M&M gear so:

you:
tweed
shirt
tie
brown gloves
light trousers
comfy short boots
cane/showing whip

pony:
plain bridle with snaffle or double
clean - make sure any white socks are gleaming
tidy tail, not too short for a B
mane pulled level and not overly long, but not so short that it is plaiting length

I'd also plait the mane over to train it to lay on the correct side, nothing makes my OCD go as crazy as a mane laying on the left :)

Nappy Croc

Visit site
At a training day they said mane side shouldn't matter until you get to the top ends of county line ups :) I still plait my wrong sided Ds over the month before a 'big' show though!

Crackerz

Visit site
It matters to me, it's not hard to plait over and train for the day and doesn't cost any money (an excuse lots of people use not to turnout correctly for a show just because it's 'local level')

Whilst local shows are grass roots, people should still strive to turnout to the highest possible standard as the judges take time out of their day to judge, what ever level they are judging at :)

I love seeing natives in vweteran classes OP, so have fun!!

TelH

Visit site
It matters to me, it's not hard to plait over and train for the day and doesn't cost any money (an excuse lots of people use not to turnout correctly for a show just because it's 'local level')

Whilst local shows are grass roots, people should still strive to turnout to the highest possible standard as the judges take time out of their day to judge, what ever level they are judging at :)

I love seeing natives in vweteran classes OP, so have fun!!

This ^^^

Even at local level you could end up with 2 horses that are almost impossible to split and the mane being on the correct/incorrect side could be the deciding factor so I think it matters too.

My New Forest pony will be old enough to do veterans next season, I've had her since she was 8 months old and taken her from local level youngstock classes through to county level M+M showing, I'm really looking forward to doing veteran showing with her :)