Innovative tack box designs?

holeymoley

Visit site
Has anyone made their own tack box for storage? Not the trailer ones, just for on the yard. They’re so expensive to buy, I wondered if anyone’s came up with their own? x x

Shay

Visit site
We use the big plastic trunks from a well known DIY store. I think they were about £5. For rug storage the £2 "Dimpa" bags from Ikea - you can get 2 heavy weights or 6 fleeces in each and they are clear so you can see what is where. Stored leather is wrapped in fleece sheets from Tiger to resist mould - I think about £2-£3?. Saddle cloths stack in 2 collapsible crates (clean and dirty). No reason for it to be collapsible - it was just what I had to hand at the time and its easy to carry home to wash. But the saddles are on bulldog racks for security. They are not cheap - but no-one can nick my saddles!

holeymoley

Visit site
I have an outdoor box for all my stuff, would quite like a tack locker as the tack room is rather crowded. I was thinking of an upright garden storage box and just adding a saddle rack?

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Husband made me one out of marine plywood, coated it in yacht varnish, put in two saddle racks, two hinged wooden thingys to hang saddle pads, four bridle racks and enough storage at the bottom for tack box and a couple of rugs. It has small ventilation holes and keeps my stuff protected from damp and changing temperatures. It sits on wheels but we've secured it to the wall. It's about 6 feet high and deep enough to take saddles.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Husband made me one out of marine plywood, coated it in yacht varnish, put in two saddle racks, two hinged wooden thingys to hang saddle pads, four bridle racks and enough storage at the bottom for tack box and a couple of rugs. It has small ventilation holes and keeps my stuff protected from damp and changing temperatures. It sits on wheels but we've secured it to the wall. It's about 6 feet high and deep enough to take saddles.

Something like this would be easy enough to do. The pastic garden boxes arent strong enough to hold a saddle.