Insert evil laugh here

Equi

Visit site
Went crazy today and bought a mains set up for the field. The Girls rub the fence a lot and the colt is going to start being colty, so new fence going up ASAP but in the mean time...zap zap zap! :D

Now for a vote, whos going to end up zapped first, me or the ponies :p

Equi

Visit site
Me too, bloody fences scare the life out of me. I usually squeal any time im near them, i think bats might think im calling them. I squeal if the ponies go near it too tbf, incase they get a heart attack or something lol

scats

Visit site
Don’t do what I did the other day. Turned my energiser on and then grabbed the tape to pick it up so I could duck under it. Stupid woman. Cue a rather big zap, me doing dance moves that usually follow a few Malibus and my mares both looking at me like I’m a complete idiot.

Equi

Visit site
Oh trust me i wont! I wont even touch it when i KNOW 100% its off, i generally wait until something else touches it first hahaha! But thats only been battery, on low pulse. At the livery yard we have mains and its off 90% of the time cause once shocked the horses won't bloody go near it again, and you generally cant get to the horse either! I think my fear came cause when i worked at kennels years ago they had this driving cob who was a total bull, only way to keep him in was mains. Course i got stuck doing him cause im a man beast, and the thing would jump the gate ways even if there was no rope cause he knew thats where the "zap" was so i was generally hanging while he was being a balloon! Then of course one day we had an aggressive St Bernard in and again man beast me had to take him and the bloody thing pulled me right into the fence and nearly **** a brick, taking it out on me! Dread to think what he would have done to some of the smaller younger girls at the kennel lol

hibshobby

Visit site
Oh go on, you know you want to ! Secretly wish they will touch it before you. I do, this time of year. The coat has come off, the grass is good, they push the boundaries and BINGO ! they touch the wire. Never again, well, before October anyway.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I've got a little jolt off battery powered fences in the past, and it was unpleasant but not what I would call a traumatising experience.

But I was walking alongside a pony and a cousin of mine when she was around six, and the fence was on the ground but still live; the pony stepped on the fence and got zapped, jumped and kicked and my cousin got kicked in the face.

It healed, and she doesn't have a scar, but it could easily have been much worse.

Be careful with electric fences. The fence itself is not dangerous, but a shocked animal can be.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
You mentioned the St Bernard on one of my posts. Luna touched the electric fence jumping up to get a closer look at the horses which had come over as usual. Now 4 months on, I think she still thinks Mac shocked her as she won’t go near them. She comes into the field with me, but if they come over, she runs and waits the other side of the fence where they aren’t!

Equi

Visit site
You mentioned the St Bernard on one of my posts. Luna touched the electric fence jumping up to get a closer look at the horses which had come over as usual. Now 4 months on, I think she still thinks Mac shocked her as she won’t go near them. She comes into the field with me, but if they come over, she runs and waits the other side of the fence where they aren’t!

Dread to think what the owner of mine must have thought after it all! Poor dog must have been traumatized lol

Ruby's Mum

Visit site
Just make sure you know where all the tape/rope is if you have anyone else helping set up fencing! We reconfigured some fencing when we went to mains, I was busy elsewhere while hubby was still in the fields, a while later I sprinted across the arena for some "emergency" can't even remember why now, hoped through the three rail post and rail (slid through the top and middle rail) and got a mains zap on the inner thigh mid climb through! Hubby had run tape along the opposite side of the rail to stop the minis rubbing their butts on it! I had to them get the rest of me through the fence without putting anything else on the tape!