Inspiration and a plan!

Bluesparks

Visit site
Hi I'm in need of help and ideas, I've got a 17h ex pointer who has had surgery in 2015 for kissing spines, then after rehabbing he had sinus problems which took nearly a year to diagnose then had and still has at times suture line periostitis flare ups, and as a result had a lot of sinus material removed from the affected side and now has discharge from this side, we have tried supplements and antibiotics neither of which have good effect, I started lunging and walking out in hand in the Pessoa in spring and have ridden him about 3 times a week during the summer, I have no facilities I rode in the field he's turned out in (available summer only) or the roads, going into winter he and his 2 friends will move back a mile up the road to the farm where the stables are and a small sloping turnout paddock where they do during the day in winter and stay in overnight, the farm is on the top of a hill so nothing up there is flat, either way out of the farm is immediately down a steep hill, I have no transport as I can't tow, I can borrow a trailer which is currently out of use! And a driver when he has time (farmer!) So am a bit worried what to do over winter, I'd like to keep him in a light bit of work as it takes a while to build back up the muscle etc in spring and I loose riding time, he's pretty good usually but can be quirky and stressy and won't stay anywhere alone! Any suggestions welcome!!

GirlFriday

Visit site
You need (presumably) to factor in what times you will be able to be around the farm in day light and what the road conditions are likely to be like (I'm guess snow might be an issue in the worst weather and ice-y mornings too - does one way out of the farm get the sun earlier?)