Inspiration please!!!

Bluesparks

Visit site
I have 2 (technically one is my partners) lovely tb horses, one ex pointer one was in training but didn't race, mine was diagnosed last February with kissing spine, SI and hock arthritis and suspensory problems, he had KS op last April I rehabbed him at home which was good and got back on last August/September, all was well until he got nosebleeds which he had investigated and no real outcome apart from possible sinus infections, then he got stuck in a fence and two weeks later got a terrible infection on the leg, so he's done not much in a long time, I've started lunging again recently which is going well, but I need to get on with it as keep loosing the will!! The other horse (my partners) was bought 2 years ago for him to hunt, he's had nearly a year off with recurrent abscesses and a bad splint injury, last summer I spent a lot of time with him while my horse was off, competing at dressage and clinics etc and really enjoyed him and built a bond, each time I bring him back into work something else goes wrong, abscess or corn or lameness, he's currently on box rest and still got hot feet, the vet is convinced it's abscess/niggly foot issues maybe close nails but nothing showing on X-rays just taking ages to settle, I'm going away the end of this week and when I get back I really want to get stuck in but am so lacking enthusiasm with not having done much in so long, I need a plan or perhaps just a kick up the bum!!!

GirlFriday

Visit site
Can you go out with your partner at all? His and hers long reining? What is your hacking like? Can you do any circular routes? See some scenery and build fitness that way?

Bluesparks

Visit site
Hacking is good but my partners horse is still out of action and my other half is a farmer so summers really busy for him, he won't let anyone else ride him except me either which can be awkward! Never tried long reining mine though he hadn't lunged when I had him and after rehabbing him he's very good now so might be worth a try!