Inspired by nosebands thread-Browbands!

holeymoley

Visit site
My entire bridle is mix and match in terms of sizes! 14hh and he has a full size browband to allow for space around his ears. He has a typical Welsh pony head (he’s not welsh but I reckon he’s got a bit of it in him) where the top is much wider than the bottom half. Full size for the top, cob for the nose and and cheek pieces, occasionally even pony for cheek pieces!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Am I the only one also hates the heavy droopy blingy browbands which hang on the poor horses browbones? They look so annoying, and I always wonder if the horse has a constant urge to push them up off their eyes!
Yes. I ride with mosqueros a lot of the time, which swing constantly. Keeps the fly off, and helps you to know the horse is working through.

Cragrat

Visit site
Yes. I ride with mosqueros a lot of the time, which swing constantly. Keeps the fly off, and helps you to know the horse is working through.

I had to look up mosqueros :} they seem to hang from the moddle of the headpiece, down between the eyes - is that right? The browbands I was thinking off are the glittery ones which attach eitherr side, but are sometimes so heavy and so low they sit on the browbone.

LadySam

Visit site

Yep! I grew up riding and schooling with the Australian version of this. Very plain Barcoo bridles, no noseband, old-timey string fly veil on the browband. Nosebands and doubles only made an appearance when competing.

Lyle

Visit site
I've seen browbands made from paracord. I've made side pull bitless nosebands and a full cross under bitless noseband using paracord.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I could never find a big enough comfy browband for my broad headed beast so I made one out of stretchy black fabric which I plaited. Also Icelandic horses rarely have browbands or throat latches. Think there’s so much room for innovation with bridles.
My mare has a big head bigger than large. I bought mine from this lady, yes Australia but I liked this one and looks a treat on my mare. https://www.jrbeadedbrowbands.com/browbands

Attachments

• 20200529_114510 - Copy.jpg
    20200529_114510 - Copy.jpg
    931 KB · Views: 3