Instant calmers, which one?

Dumbo

Visit site
Taking my TB out on Sunday to a fun ride. I'm thinking of giving him an instant calmer just to take the edge off as he can get quite excitable.
I've been recommended the Magic instant syringe or Global Herb sachet.
Interested to know what people think of these? Which is more effective? Or any other suggestions?

WelshD

Visit site
people always seem to recommend different makes so it seems what works on some doesnt work on others!

I have had good experiences with the global herbs sachets, found Magic useless (but then others swear by it!)

I have a bottle of Supreme Products Defuse which is supposed to work well and quickly as a 'just in case' but have never used it

I also have a sachet of Confidence EQ which is a gel your rub in the nostrils which works in a similar way to the calming dog and cat plug in products, I bought this again as a 'just in case' after reading rave reviews on it but again never used it

Queenbee

Visit site
people always seem to recommend different makes so it seems what works on some doesnt work on others!

I have had good experiences with the global herbs sachets, found Magic useless (but then others swear by it!)

I have a bottle of Supreme Products Defuse which is supposed to work well and quickly as a 'just in case' but have never used it

I also have a sachet of Confidence EQ which is a gel your rub in the nostrils which works in a similar way to the calming dog and cat plug in products, I bought this again as a 'just in case' after reading rave reviews on it but again never used it

100% vote for Defuse (Supreme Products) I have a stash of syringes here just in case!! The magnesium ones alone do nothing for my boy, this one combines magnesium and l-tryptophan - a naturally occurring amino acid.... works like a charm.

ladyt25

Visit site
I've just been advised to try the Confidence EQ to help me with my horse who I have spent the last 2 years trying to re-backed. He was/worried about having a saddle on as he had damaged his back but I sent him away this year (after the back injury was treated) to be re-started. They did a good job and I have seen him work very nicely. However, they are professionals (I am not) and the Confidence EQ just gives him that little bit of confidence which then helps me when I get on him. It is not a sedative but is a synthetic pheromone that is supposed to mimic that given off by the dam.