instructor in herts

Visit site
Hi I am looking for a good confidence giving instructor in Hertfordshire / north London who was a patient way of teaching as I have a temperamental mare who can be amazing sometimes but not the others so I am looking for someone to provide me with confidence and help me with her.

jumping and flat

thank you

Bernster

Visit site
Not sure of your area but I really like Kate Rowland for flatwork, Annette Bryant for flatwork with a bio mechanical approach to riding (works on your position as well as horse, and has a really good eye and way of explaining things). Further north at Milton Keynes is kerry turner for sj and xc. She's really encouraging.

FireFly29

Visit site
Kate Rowland will also teach over fences. Although she mainly focuses on dressage she did used to do quite a bit of showjumping.
Padraig Hayes is also good for sj, not sure if he travels to teach though, he's based near Essendon.

dianchi

Visit site
Personally for flat Charlotte Holes has helped me no end!

As for jumping i find that using riding club clinics helps find the right instructor.

Douglas Harrison I find works well with my tempermental TB mare :) But John Adams is also super!

Visit site
Kate Rowland will also teach over fences. Although she mainly focuses on dressage she did used to do quite a bit of showjumping.
Padraig Hayes is also good for sj, not sure if he travels to teach though, he's based near Essendon.

thank you does kate have a website or anything and heard lots of good thinks about Padraig and thinking of having one as I have transport and i'm 15 mins away from essendon :)

Visit site
Personally for flat Charlotte Holes has helped me no end!

As for jumping i find that using riding club clinics helps find the right instructor.

Douglas Harrison I find works well with my tempermental TB mare :) But John Adams is also super!

thank you I will look at all of these you have given me great ideas thanks :) the reason I am looking is because I event my mare and all of a sudden she has just started stopping over sj's not xc though and its nothing to do with health wise or change in riding nor do I bore her to death with jumping as to be honest I don't do much jumping with her anyway unless I have something coming up and I would just like to get to the bottom of it as I know her so well so I don't just think its her being cheeky I think its more to it than that but would love someone on the ground to help me with it as imo current instructor not being very helpful:/ and its such a shame as I believe me and my mare are a good team ( well I would say that though aha ;) ) so I would love to go to the bottom of it - if any of you have any ideas on that also let me know aha